Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Flight1 GTN 750/650 & Little Nav Map

37 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

It is not:  P3DV4\F1GTN\FPL

but  P3DV4\F1TGTN\FPL

Yep.  That is the one we are talking about, it just doesn't seem like it.  Thanks Bert. :biggrin:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

1 hour ago, bgpearce01 said:

I have been struggling with this issues for a couple days now.

Flight1 is reported to be working on a fix.

Bill

• Upvote 1

Bill  N7IBG     

10 minutes ago, simbio said:

Hi

Is the 23TH of september still no info on this?

I entered a post about this 4 days ago on Flight1's forum and no reply.  I opened a ticket today, so we will see.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Hi Bill

If you have any news please reply here.

Thank you.

Fabrizio

Not yet Fabrizio.  My post was moved to a new thread and I was told that tech support should respond soon.  I will keep you posted.   :biggrin:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Bill,

You need version 2.03 of the GTN to get the import of flight plan to work. There was an issue on earlier version that cause the problem not to be able to import flight plans.

Richard

5 hours ago, riwig said:

Bill,

You need version 2.03 of the GTN to get the import of flight plan to work. There was an issue on earlier version that cause the problem not to be able to import flight plans.

Richard

I supposedly have Version 2.03 and the import flight plan selection isn't there.  Here is my post to Flight1 -

"I purchased and installed GTN Complete for P3Dv4 Version 2.03 or so the installation screen says.  The GTN 650/750's work but I don't have a menu selection for importing flight plans.  When I run the GTN Config program I don't see a version number on the screen.  If I run the Flight 1 Update Tool it shows that I have version 1.11 and in the listed simulators box P3Dv4 isn't shown.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few time and I also re-downloaded the .exe file and tried again to no avail.   Any suggestions?  Thank you for the help."

I just received an email from Flight1 tech support with some files to try and a list of log files to send to them after I try these files.  I will report back, but it will be a bit before I can try this out.

Thanks for your reply Richard.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

I followed the instructions from Flight1 tech support and the problem is resolved.  Here is the email from tech support.

"Hello,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the F1 GTN, we are here to help.

Let's test a version. Please download this archive and copy the contents here: P3D V4\gauges folder

Overwriting the existing ones; make sure to back up the existing gauges.

http://data.flight1.net/F1GTN_P3DV4_FPL01.zip

Then start P3D, select the GTN enabled aircraft and replicate the problem.
After that, quit P3D and send us these log files:
My Documents
F1GTNlog.txt
GTN710U1.txt

We will analyze them and get back to you. Let us know how it goes.
Do not worry, we will get this problem sorted, we always do.

Thank you."

I replaced the files as directed and both the 750 and 650 have the import option now.  I sent one of the log files to tech support and I didn't find the second log file, GTN710U1.txt.  There were two other GTN log files, so I sent them also.  I don't know that any further action is required, but if there is I will post that here.

Bill

Edited by Bill Griffith
Speeling

Bill  N7IBG     

I heard from Flight1 tech support again.  Nothing else to do.  Problem solved.  Great tech support!  I'm impressed.  Thank you Flight1.  I'm going to enjoy being able to load flight plans and not have to enter them line by line.  :biggrin:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG