Sign in to follow this  
regis9

GoFlight Interface Tool - MCPPRO Config Files for Aerosoft CRJ

Hello, a heads up that I've been plugging away at this today and have something workable I'll be uploading to the file library today.  Controls included (and what button is used on the MCPPRO):

AP ENG -> CMD A
AP DISC -> CMD B
SPEED -> SPEED
APPR -> APP
HDG -> HDG SEL
NAV -> LNAV
ALT -> ALT HLD
VS -> V/S

Both course dials, and the speed, heading, altitude dials and v/s wheel all work as well.

For some reason I couldn't get the B/C button to work, I'll look at it again and see what I can do.

I also couldn't get the ALT button to work properly...it seems it's more complicated than a simple on/off button.  I find in the sim I don't need to press it anyway.

There is no information sent back to the MCPPRO, so no lights, digit readouts etc.  I'm new to this and haven't figured out how to do that, or if it's even possible with this aircraft currently.

Hopefully some will find this useful.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

48 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Hello, a heads up that I've been plugging away at this today and have something workable I'll be uploading to the file library today.  Controls included (and what button is used on the MCPPRO):

AP ENG -> CMD A
AP DISC -> CMD B
SPEED -> SPEED
APPR -> APP
HDG -> HDG SEL
NAV -> LNAV
ALT -> ALT HLD
VS -> V/S

Both course dials, and the speed, heading, altitude dials and v/s wheel all work as well.

For some reason I couldn't get the B/C button to work, I'll look at it again and see what I can do.

I also couldn't get the ALT button to work properly...it seems it's more complicated than a simple on/off button.  I find in the sim I don't need to press it anyway.

There is no information sent back to the MCPPRO, so no lights, digit readouts etc.  I'm new to this and haven't figured out how to do that, or if it's even possible with this aircraft currently.

Hopefully some will find this useful.

Please put a link for it when it is finished.

edit: it's in the file library now.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The readme says"I assume you know how to install these files"

Hmmm ...

I use the Go flight tool from Pollypot.. I run the exe file and it installed everything.

Anyone knows what I do with the uploaded files? where I need to copy them and what I need to do afterward?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Have a look here:

https://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/support/user-guide/user-guide-git/16-installation/99-how-to-load-downloaded-aircraft-configuration-files.html

The instructions under "older versions" is what I'm familiar with.  The files can be unzipped anywhere.  The file that you import in the detective is Aerosoft CRJ-700.xml.

The file that you import under the mcppro tab is Aerosoft CRJ-700_GFMCPPRO-0.xml.

I'm actually not sure honestly what the other file (Aerosoft CRJ-700 Vars.xml) is for, but it was generated when I was doing the work so I included it in case it's useful to anyone.

i haven't tried the "wizard" method before. 

Dave

Dave

FYI I've just uploaded v2 to the library, now with buttons that light up and most digital readouts.

Dave

Dave

The old method Instructions

------------------------------------------

E.g. For the Airbus A320:

Go to Detective and Import the bespoke events. The file to load is Aerosoft Airbus A320 IAE.xml.

Then go to the EFIS and MCP PRO tabs and import the files Aerosoft Airbus A320 IAE_GFEFIS.xml and Aerosoft Airbus A320 IAE_GFMCPPRO.xml respectively which will configure those specific devices.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I clicked on Detective.. I see  an empty window to the left and three right side sub window to the right

but I do not see any " Import the bespoke events."

which button do I use to import the bespoke event?

EDITED TO ADD: GOT IT: the bottom right black icon with the down arrow "Import Beskoke event".

:)

I changed tabs to EFIS and MCPRO and enabled the decide and imported the second xml.

Some of the basic thing works...  like altitude change, Heading and IAS amd button VS App, speed and heading

What now? save and ext? 

I hope it has NOT  ruined my PMDG 777, 747 and the 737 settings.

Manny

The first time after I imported, I forgot to save the settigns

so the second time I tried, it would not import the xml under the EFIS. "Import has failed: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Ah..thats cause there is no xml to import for EFIS. DUH!

In the readme file, IT did not mention any EFIS command working so I guess EFIS is not programmed.

IT would be nice to have the Range of the MFD programmed and maybe the MAP

Manny

You're welcome, i don't own the EFIS so wasn't able to program anything for it.

Dave