Sign in to follow this  
Guest heclak

Cockpits based on artwork (not photo-real)

Guest mchomicz

I was wondering if there are more FS2004 planes similar to Real Air Spitfire XIV and SF260 in terms of panel design (both 2D and virtual cockpit). Specifically - I'm looking for more planes with panels based on "artwork." I have a personal preference for panels of this style (as opposed to panels that try to be photo real) but so far have only found one company making such planes (Real Air Simulations http://www.realairsimulations.com ) "Smooth gauge"- like technology would be a nice too have; but not a must ;-)Thank you,Michael

I like these type of panels also. If this link works, see this Cessna panel being developed for FLY II by ROTW (Avsim FLY forum Feb. 11th). RealAir, also started out by developing aircraft for FLY.edit: I reduced the original pic, which was linked to AvsimL.Adamson

Flight1 PC-12

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Is that the actual panel from the artwork itself, not the real plane?If that's the case, it's pretty amazing work.

Guest mchomicz

Looks to be a render from a 3D application. Which doesn't make it any less god looking ;-). Real Air 3D panels are very similar - minus the 3D gauges (where face, needle and glass are all separate 3D objects object and artificial horizon or turn coordinator have even MORE pieces). But this is precisely the sort of think I mean in my original post by saying "artwork." Something done in a 3D application (in case of virtual cockpit) and textured without the use of any photo-real elements (but instead colored with purely "artificial" surfaces and colors).Thank you,Michael

Guest heclak

I'm currently doing some panel designs with the same idea as u in mine. I love the really clean look. Photo textures can look a little distorted if not maintain in perspective and proportion. I'm finishing up on my panel for Mike Stone's Gulfstream V. Need to start work on the switch and XML coding soon. Still learning how to do it unless someone can help. Planning to do a 757/767 one soon.