Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

EGT Accuracy?

I'm looking for comments on the accuracy of the EGT gauge for the Chieftain. Like other Alabeo/Carenado products, I suspect the EGT may be on "light" side, meaning the temps don't reach the levels as in real world. For example, POH limitations call for a minimum of 1350 F during descent, however, I find it necessary to add considerable power from cruise and reduce VS to remain within limits. In short, I am unable get anywhere close to the max of 1650 F, regardless of power settings. 

If the EGT does require modification for accuracy, I've only been able to locate any reference in the .MDL file and nothing in Gauges, aircraft.cfg or .air file. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Les Parson

EGT modification can be easily done in the airfile, table 540.

You have to be careful when increasing the base temp, or scale factor because FSX  doesn't calculate the speed/power relationship correctly.

Most probably you have to play with table 541 (CHT) and its cooling factor as well. 

Thanks for this info. Do you have a favored program to perform .air file surgery? I have the Flight 1 program but I know there are others.

Thanks again.