Probably as many times as I did afterwards but that didn't make it any more legal!  Besides I wasn't defrauding anyone, just helping the landlord to make more money.:biggrin:

Deleted.

Edited by Milton Waddams
Deleted due to Avsim policies.
  • Upvote 1

Guys, discussion of LMs P3D licensing is against AVSIM community rules.

44 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Guys, discussion of LMs P3D licensing is against AVSIM community rules.

Valid point.

Particularly, I'm afraid, that at some point LM decides to throw the p3d in the trash and move the team to work on a larger project like the F-35 that has been a headache for them, and we, who invested in FSX and Then we decided to reinvest in P3D, we ended up becoming "orphans"

2 hours ago, hellmike said:

Particularly, I'm afraid, that at some point LM decides to throw the p3d in the trash and move the team to work on a larger project like the F-35 that has been a headache for them, and we, who invested in FSX and Then we decided to reinvest in P3D, we ended up becoming "orphans"

They won't. Keep in mind, LM is developing P3D mainly for the professional market, v4's big claim to fame for the pros is that it raised the level of simulated atmosphere to the edge of space, allowing NASA to use it for the Mars training missions. If they stop development now, then their target market, the professionals, are left hanging. We are just tagging along for the ride. The dev team won't be moved because they are a dedicated dev team, with no technical knowledge of any other project. LM is a defense contractor, after all, compartmentalization is the name of the game for them.

9 hours ago, hellmike said:

That’s not how major corporations work. LM is a huge international company, they don’t close down projects because a completely unrelated project is having issues, they just hire more people for that project. 

17 hours ago, hellmike said:

This seems to be a very common variety of FUD that creeps into any discussion of P3d. First of of all, not only is LM a huge international company, it is the largest single US government contractor. And having maxed that out, they seem to be looking to expand into smaller markets. Whereas, a few people here say that the flightsim community is not LM's primary market, it should be pointed out that most less advanced countries can't afford ultra high tech solutions to their pilot training needs. P3d suits these country's pilot training needs just fine. And as affordable high-resolution VR hardware becomes available, the demand will grow even faster.

And search the internet for LM corporate videos. You will find a battlefield simulator video that looks like it was built on the innards of P3d. And you will also see comments from the public that in terms of eye candy, LM's version isn't anywhere as good as a console video game. But battlefield video games are just that. They are pure entertainment with a good measure of challenge to one's hand-eye coordination. The strategy and educational component is about at the level of the movie Dunkirk.

LM isn't going to abandon P3d. It's far more likely that either one or more of the four other flight sims will fade away.

As I understand DTG requiring products on steam is not cast in stone, far from it in fact if all EULA`s strictly enforced were would flight simmers be now.

but I stand by the rite of third party developers to market the product how they wish if this means no PMDG product in FSW so be it I do not use P3D.

The fact that DTG sold 860,000 FSX:SE copies on steam in just a few years I suspect they will survive with or without some third party developers.

P.S it is also said that FSX is still the most used simulator by company's in the private sector. 

Ray Fry. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

11 hours ago, rjfry said:

As I understand DTG requiring products on steam is not cast in stone, far from it in fact if all EULA`s strictly enforced were would flight simmers be now.

DTG has definitely backtracked on that idea. They later announced that they will not be forcing 3rd parties to distribute their products through any particular channel.

On 8/13/2017 at 10:29 AM, PMDG777 said:

That’s not how major corporations work. LM is a huge international company, they don’t close down projects because a completely unrelated project is having issues, they just hire more people for that project. 

Sorry but that made me laugh. I have worked for enough huge international companies to know first hand that they can and do close down projects for reasons that are not in any way connected to the project itself.

6 minutes ago, Paul_Smith said:

Sorry but that made me laugh. I have worked for enough huge international companies to know first hand that they can and do close down projects for reasons that are not in any way connected to the project itself.

If the projects are under the same company. In LM's case, P3D and the F35 are not even the same company. Completely separate subsidiaries, with each having no effect on the other. Sure the subsidiaries are owned by LM, but the subsidiary itself is a separate legal entity. Having worked for "enough huge international companies", you would know why these international companies set up their operations this way.

Hence my original comment. LM isn't about to shut down P3D because the F35 is having a hard time.

I think we all know if LM were willing to shut down the P3D project just because the F35 project ran into severe turbulence, we would still be on v1.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

I think we all know if LM were willing to shut down the P3D project just because the F35 project ran into severe turbulence, we would still be on v1.

That's true! It's not like the F-35 project was started yesterday... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

That's true! It's not like the F-35 project was started yesterday... 

1992 to be exact. I'd be concerned if the P3D devs could switch to the F35 project seamlessly, indicating that LM's compartmentalization has failed miserably. And isn't the F35 being delayed to all the new hardware that is barely in an alpha state? I don't recall software being the holdup for the program, meaning that even if the P3D devs did switch, they'd be twiddling their thumbs with nothing to do and therefore moved back to P3D where they can actually make themselves useful and not an expense to LM. It'd come full circle in a few months even if they did get moved from P3D.