Sign in to follow this  
Katoun

Video: Milviz boss shows new addons

Im one of the saps who prepaid for the KA 4 years ago. I've tried numerous times to get a refund. I don't want to wait anymore. They're response each time was arrogant and condescending. They must have a boatload of sales to treat people like that. 

• Upvote 1

I have never owned a Milviz product so I am certainly not speaking poorly of them but it has always seemed like they have a ton of products in the pipeline but not many are actually ever finished.  I do recall being interested in the KingAir several years ago and it does not appear it has ever been finished...???  Yet new products get announced?  Maybe I'm missing something.....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

MilViz can make all the addons they wish, until i have the 350 in my hands which i paid for over 4 years ago, i'm not buying anything else from them. Alas, even CaptainSim isn't this bad - They launch updates from time to time, 4+ years is just ridiculous.

Sorry about the rant, but i feel really bad about this. Even the CRJ made it out already :P

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Consider the 350i as a write-off, they are never going to release it.
I bought it more then 3 years ago, since then nothing happened.

It is unbelievable a company is throwing its pretty good reputation to the craps. Their choice.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I honestly respect what they do besides 350i, I like this lively video and this character Crazycolin. "This is what you'll get when you mess with us" - should be their motto :biggrin:

Cheers,

Dirk.

PS: and F-105 is also my favorite

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Consider the 350i as a write-off, they are never going to release it.
I bought it more then 3 years ago, since then nothing happened.

It is unbelievable a company is throwing its pretty good reputation to the craps. Their choice.

I have been a volunteer Beta tester for Milviz ever since I was one of the T-38 pilots who tested the flight model. I also purchased the King Air. I can assure you that the King Air 350i is not a write off, cancelled, vapor ware, etc. It is still on the board as an active development. I asked Colin personally, what was the status on the King Air. He assured me that it will be done. I believe him. He has come across, in my dealings with him, as an honest man. I see no reason to doubt him here.

• Upvote 1

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

29 minutes ago, jmig said:

I have been a volunteer Beta tester for Milviz ever since I was one of the T-38 pilots who tested the flight model. I also purchased the King Air. I can assure you that the King Air 350i is not a write off, cancelled, vapor ware, etc. It is still on the board as an active development. I asked Colin personally, what was the status on the King Air. He assured me that it will be done. I believe him. He has come across, in my dealings with him, as an honest man. I see no reason to doubt him here.

While I don't believe the King Air is vapor ware, it better be a damn good add-on. After waiting this long (almost three years since I paid), my level of tolerance has decreased to very low levels. If I recall correctly the last update I got was from almost a year ago.

23 minutes ago, jmig said:

I can assure you that the King Air 350i is not a write off, cancelled, vapor ware, etc. It is still on the board as an active development.

If it's been sold to people over four years ago but still not shown up, but not officially cancelled either, then that is vapourware, since the definition of vapourware is 'a software product which is announced to the general public but is never actually manufactured nor officially cancelled'.

Sure, we know sometimes products get delayed, but four years is more than a mere delay, you could create a fairly decent airliner study sim from scratch in that amount of time, let alone a comparitively simpler prop twin. Developers banging out other stuff whilst products they sold long ago are buggy, awaiting patches or are a complete no-show is, frankly, disgraceful behaviour and companies should not be surprised to lose customers for having done that.

The Aerosoft CRJ and Level D 757 may have become a legend in terms of delays, but at least they never took money off people and left them awaiting what they paid for. In the case of that King Air, it is getting on for half a decade which those paying customers have been waiting for their purchase. In almost any other business arena where this kind of thing has gone on, a company would be facing accusations of fraud for having done that sort of thing.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

27 minutes ago, Chock said:

Developers banging out other stuff whilst products they sold long ago are buggy, awaiting patches or are a complete no-show is, frankly, disgraceful behaviour and companies should not be surprised to lose customers for having done that.

And yet, Carenado continues to make money.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GHarrall said:

The Beaver is awesome. Fact.

Awesome? A mightily over used word. Fact.

It may well come close...some day.

• Upvote 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

57 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

Milviz does as well, rest assured. Some folks may not understand that Milviz adheres to a business model as do most other going concerns. Are you going to allocate limited resources to ac that are not selling like crazy, or are you going to do something else? The KA was a mistake, that is, selling it before it was actually done. I suspect that won't happen again (yes, I bought it too). Will it get done? Probably.

Milviz makes some of the finest aircraft out there; I own just about all of their projects. I, personally, are willing to let them off the KA hook, as long as what they continue to release remains some of the highest quality aircraft available, and they don't make the same mistake twice :laugh:

Mark

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Henry Street said:

Not from me they don't :laugh:

• Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here