Sign in to follow this  
ukplane1

How is this FREEWARE?

5 hours ago, Walouigi said:

Can anyone please give us the link for the download, I registered for the forum, and I cannot get the link.

Thanks

After log in, select the free downloads drop down at the top menu bar, scroll down to scenery, it will pull up a lengthy list, then scroll down that list to six from the bottom. "click here to download".

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Installed it this morning. Some screenies.

Everything seems to be working fine in P3D4.

But I will say this, the demand on my robust system is great. I can fly around in a GA aircraft but I wonder about coming in a big bird.

Bryan

-2017-aug-7-010.md.jpg

-2017-aug-7-011.md.jpg

-2017-aug-7-012.md.jpg

-2017-aug-7-013.md.jpg

• Upvote 1

Near CAM3

4 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Installed it this morning. Some screenies.

Everything seems to be working fine in P3D4.

But I will say this, the demand on my robust system is great. I can fly around in a GA aircraft but I wonder about coming in a big bird.

Bryan

-2017-aug-7-010.md.jpg

-2017-aug-7-011.md.jpg

-2017-aug-7-012.md.jpg

-2017-aug-7-013.md.jpg

It might be caused by the scenery not being p3dv4 compatible yet. FlyTampa Hong Kong is a big performance drag on my system its not fully p3dv4 compatible and FlyTampa admits they don't know why yet it causes long load times and stutters in p3dv4.

6 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

It might be caused by the scenery not being p3dv4 compatible yet. FlyTampa Hong Kong is a big performance drag on my system its not fully p3dv4 compatible and FlyTampa admits they don't know why yet it causes long load times and stutters in p3dv4.

Interesting! Just might well be.  I will say this there are thousands of custom buildings and who knows how efficient they have been modeled in terms of polygons and texture application.

Near CAM3

32 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Interesting! Just might well be.  I will say this there are thousands of custom buildings and who knows how efficient they have been modeled in terms of polygons and texture application.

I landed in VHHH and had FT Hong Kong activated too. Had bad performance and noticed a topic on their forum: http://flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10398

19 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

After log in, select the free downloads drop down at the top menu bar, scroll down to scenery, it will pull up a lengthy list, then scroll down that list to six from the bottom. "click here to download".

Thank you very much for the information, got it now.

Thanks

Awesome scenery! I installed it with P3Dv4 and I do not see any performance issues and the color is fine..it's not cartoonish like in those screenshots.

I can't believe this is freeware

I can see the city buildings at distance..without the popups..and no textures (Buildings) going black.

I love it

Many add-on vendors could learn from this, in how to build large crowded cities without the annoying popups and black textures as you look around.

The airport taxiway textures, not that great..and the I notice some default airport buildings on top of the add on buildings... I think this is to do with using FSX scenery in P3dv4.

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

11 hours ago, honanhal said:

Hmmm...that's worrying as I prepare to make the move to P3D v4 from FSX. Are you noticing a lot of bad performance with addons?

James

FT Hong Kong is a bad performer but I have many other addons in v4 with no bad performance. It could be the way a developer made scenery in the past that does not perform well in v4. Orbx Socal is also a fps killer but to be expected. In v4 dynamic lights drop my fps too and the lighting system is required if you want reflections of lights on the ground when flying PMDG aircraft.

6 hours ago, Manny said:

Awesome scenery! I installed it with P3Dv4 and I do not see any performance issues and the color is fine..it's not cartoonish like in those screenshots.

I can't believe this is freeware

I can see the city buildings at distance..without the popups..and no textures (Buildings) going black.

I love it

Many add-on vendors could learn from this, in how to build large crowded cities without the annoying popups and black textures as you look around.

The airport taxiway textures, not that great..and the I notice some default airport buildings on top of the add on buildings... I think this is to do with using FSX scenery in P3dv4.

I am going by memory not in front of my flight sim computer... I think Vector has an RCTP afcad? If so it should be disabled in the vector airport elevation correction.

Does this play nice with pacsim RCTP? Are there BGLs that need to be disabled? :) 

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

I believe there's an update to to scenery which is v17.11. I'm not sure what has been fixed, changed or added though.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU