Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

PMDG 747-8 V3

Hi Robert, just wondering if we could get a little info as to how work on the 747-8 V3 is progressing? I am really enjoying the base pack of the 747 V3.

Regards,

Matthew

Aside from the fact that PMDG will announce things when they have things to announce, I would also really like to get an insight into how the -8 is progressing!

Updates are provided when we have something to update. We do not provide updates on demand.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

29 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Updates are provided when we have something to update. We do not provide updates on demand.

I really appreciate the policy of posting updates from you/PMDG - really!
But to be honest, I just bought the 747 QOTS II because of the upcoming -8.

I know that you were really busy updating all products for v4 for free, which is just awesome!
But you could have provided us A LITTLE status concerning the -8 like "development is quiet good but is completely stopped due to the update process of each product for v4".

But we don´t know if its nearly finished, started, good, bad, stopped... :)

Thanks in overall!

Timm

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

Well they  did gave information not so long ago if you read the pinned post Robert's made in the last couple of weeks.

On July 23th the latest information was : 

Thank you very much for your patience as we get these last few updates completed- and then we can all get back to simming and the development team can get back to wrapping up the 747-8 for beta testing!

So it's progressing along well and is approaching beta testing, meaning there will still be quite sometime before it get's released. We probably will have information once the beta testing actually starts. I don't think there is anything worth to be added by PMDG before that.

• Upvote 1

No Timm, I'm afraid that's just not how PMDG (or most of the big sim makers I've come across) work. If they say 'sorry folks, we've stopped work on the -8 for other reasons', there's then a barrage of comments and speculation on the forum that I think PMDG and everyone else could do without. When they have proper, substantive news to share, Robert always puts up a nice sticky with detailed explanations and some nice screenshots. Until then, Geduld bringt Rosen!

3 hours ago, LH747fan said:

I really appreciate the policy of posting updates from you/PMDG - really!
But to be honest, I just bought the 747 QOTS II because of the upcoming -8.

Timm

If you bought the 747 for the -8, you probably should have waited for the -8 to be released to buy it.  You may be quite a while with only your -4.

Robert does a very good job keeping us informed when there is solid news available.

Bob

Give them a chance to take a moment and recalibrate. This team has been working non stop since May 30th to get the fleet converted to v4.  

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

3 hours ago, wedgantilles said:

Well they  did gave information not so long ago if you read the pinned post Robert's made in the last couple of weeks.

On July 23th the latest information was : 

So it's progressing along well and is approaching beta testing, meaning there will still be quite sometime before it get's released. We probably will have information once the beta testing actually starts. I don't think there is anything worth to be added by PMDG before that.

Ok. This I must have missed so!

• Upvote 1

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware