Sign in to follow this  
IanHarrison

Lorby-SI

In the makerwys instructions it says to use the Lorby-SI Add on organiser program to order the XML files so makerwys can use them.

However there are no instructions that I can see as to what to do with the program.

Do you run it or just place it inside P3Dv4?

I seem to have missing frequencies here and there and this might be why.

Ian Harrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Hi Ian,

You might be better asking in the Lorby forum here. https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/795-lorby-si-freeware/

I run P3D v3.4 and use Addon Organiser to generate a temporary scenery.cfg that comprises the scenery.cfg entries plus the xml entries created by FSDT and Flightbeam installers.

You then run MakeRunways.exe and once completed use the Addon Organiser to remove that temporary scenery.cfg.

There are full instructions provided with Addon Organiser in Lorby's download area on his website.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

ray (& ian)

I believe pete's (your cohort ray & pnf) "makerwys.exe" initiates lorby's "automatically" to provide a "makerwys_scenery.cfg" ....& which then includes all the data including that scenery "outside" P3DV4.

the detail is in pete;s 4.82 readme !

for now, cheers

john martin

Hi John,

Yes, that's my understanding but do you need Lorby's utility to be installed for Pete to call it? I must admit I don't quite understand how that works.

LATER: I've just spoken to Pete about Lorby's addon and installing it creates an entry in the Registry. Pete then checks for that entry in MakeRunways and if it exists he calls Lorby's utility silently to to its work. Hope that clears things up.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Additional info

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi John,

Yes, that's my understanding but do you need Lorby's utility to be installed for Pete to call it? I must admit I don't quite understand how that works.

LATER: I've just spoken to Pete about Lorby's addon and installing it creates an entry in the Registry. Pete then checks for that entry in MakeRunways and if it exists he calls Lorby's utility silently to to its work. Hope that clears things up.

So if I understand you correctly Ray there is no need to run the utility first? running MakeRunways on it's own will suffice providing Lorby's utility is installed?

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Hi Brian,

Please bear in mind I'm running P3D v3.4 and I have a mixture of scenery entries in both scenery.cfg and the addons folder for FSDT and FB airports. I don't fully understand how Lorby's utility works so I make it easy for it by generating a single scenery.cfg by using the option on the third tab.

If you do it that way it should be fine. But it you;re running P3D v4 then I suggest you ask on Lorby's forum as I don't know the specifics of how it works for that version.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

OK thanks Ray, I am running P3Dv4 and I've been using the option on the 3rd tab also. I'll take a look on Lorby's forum

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

What I have found out so far, which works for me:

Install Lorby_SI and run it BUT don't do anything except save (the Lorby button).

This creates the file makerwys needs.

Then just run the rebuild option in RC4 and all your runways are found and listed.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

14 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

What I have found out so far, which works for me:

Install Lorby_SI and run it BUT don't do anything except save (the Lorby button).

This creates the file makerwys needs.

Then just run the rebuild option in RC4 and all your runways are found and listed.

Thanks Ian,

I'll try that it's a lot less effort!

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png