Sign in to follow this  
SO666

MAAM SIM B25J nervous twitch

Hi .

On the 03/AUG/17 I purchased the MAAM SIM B25J V7 for FSX , downloaded and installed.

When I selected the aircraft in freeflight , I found the aircraft twitching and moveing on the tarmac , with no engines running in cold/dark.

It has taken me 4 days to find the culprit , but don't know if I have isolated the correct item , below is the two repeated entries in the aircraft.cfg file where only one should reside.

As you can see from below entries , the top one of the two has now been isolated , which I think comes from the fs9 version , could someone confirm if correct one has been isolated.

//empty_weight=22124.000000
//empty_weight_roll_MOI=0.000000
//empty_weight_pitch_MOI=0.000000
//empty_weight_yaw_MOI=0.000000
//empty_weight_coupled_MOI=0.000000
//max_gross_weight=34716.000000

empty_weight= 21144.0
empty_weight_roll_MOI= 110000.0
empty_weight_pitch_MOI= 130000.0
empty_weight_yaw_MOI= 65000.0
empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 0.0
max_gross_weight= 36000.0
CG_forward_limit= 2.0
CG_aft_limit= 2.0

regards alan.

Alan Cottrill.

hI.

I have found the cause a while back but forgot to reply , this was a self induced error , due to an aircraft.cfg mod i did .

Basically i added water ballast , to give bomb weight , when water ballast is loaded the aircraft is heavy on controls , but once bombs released , the aircraft flys and handles like a different beast .

the problem was caused by putting the water ballast mod in the wrong place in the aircraft.cfg file , which caused the double weight and balance figures , to be generated , which inturn caused the twitching in cold dark .

regards alan.

Alan Cottrill.