Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

Dolomites (Italy) Payware Scenery

hmm i got an email, which said that it would be available, but it´s still sold out at the store.

Sold out apparently :laugh:

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Can somebody who bught it report on the scenery and the performance.

65 people bought it. Is there really no Avsim user who can comment on the performance?

3 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

65 people bought it. Is there really no Avsim user who can comment on the performance?

You can read about it in my review in the next FS MAGAZIN. :D 

There's also another review by FlightDeckX here: https://flightdeckx.com/review-frank-daineses-dolomiti-3d/ To quote from it:

this scenery can be heavy on frames, especially around the two cities Bolzano and Trento. (...) (my) settings give me at least 20 fps around Bolzano and Trento. In other areas of the scenery this gives me at least 30 fps. To get these frames I had to reduce my Antialiasing settings. With my regular settings (4x SSAA+FXAA) the scenery was unusable to me. 

I mostly agree to this. To quote from my own upcoming review (German, no time to translate this now):

Mit meinem i5-6600 mit 3,3 GHz), einer GTX 960 mit vier GByte VRAM bei 1.920 mal 1.080 Pixeln sowie 32 GByte RAM bewegte sich die Bildrate zwischen 22 und 27 FPS, bei schnelleren Kameraschwenks sank sie für einige Sekunden unter 20 FPS. Die Objektdichte war auf „Maximum“, die Texturauflösung auf „hoch“ gestellt, HDR und SSAO waren an, Antialiasing, Szenerieschatten und Echtzeitreflexionen waren ausgeschaltet.

(My own values were measured with the AirFoilLabs C172. With more performant planes, FPS got better.)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Many thanks, Mario! Unfortunately, i have to pay 83€ (+VAT) and i´m not sure about the scenery. It looks amazing but if i pay 83€ i want to make sure that i can really use the scenery.

Don't be daunted by the price. It is worth every penny! I am a long time fan of Frank Dainese, but I am in no way commercially associated with him. Frank used to give away some beautiful sceneries for free. He could have sold them as commercial products, but he hadn't.  It's a pity this great product is so little known. It's a work of art.

I also bought FlyInside VR plugin for this scenery alone. It's surprisingly playable, and the feeling is indescribable. You have to try it to experience it.