Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

Dolomites (Italy) Payware Scenery

I just saw this amazing looking add-on is now available and the screenshots look fantastic. I must say though I am surprised at the price. It looks like a heck of a lot of work has gone into this project and I am aware of the niche side of our hobby and the limited customer base but I believe it to be a bit overpriced at 68 yo-yo's for a relatively small region. I am sure some will be happy to pay for it especially those who fly regularly in that region so it really is in the eye (or wallet) of the beholder as to what you think is 'too much'. 

Great work though and really shows the power of the X-Plane platform and the type of immersive scenery that can be produced.

https://www.fsc.it/Product.aspx?lang=ENG&ID=12e040f7-5c48-4ca7-9fb4-b019b7f3bba2&CODE=160012

It does look really nice!  But I agree, 68 Euros is an insane price.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

considering that it is used for training sims and the pototextures look superior to the classic ortho4xp ones, the price is reasonable.  Now i am not saying it is a bargain, but the sad reality is that high res photo licenses cost a fortune and the customer has to pay that. 

High Detail 30Gb Scenery for VFR Trainig and Territory Familiarization

i would assume that it is house for house completely correct placement and used in professional enviroment. 

• Upvote 1

Which airports are included?

On 8/8/2017 at 4:05 PM, jt8d9a said:

Which airports are included?

I think it says on the website link I included above.

hmm i only see screenshots and videos. The scenery is sold out...whatever that means for software...

On 12.8.2017 at 3:09 AM, jt8d9a said:

hmm i only see screenshots and videos. The scenery is sold out...whatever that means for software...

its not released yet, just put in the shop. i think they have a beta running at the moment and you can contact the developer if you want it.

Hi all,

The scenery 3D Dolomiti  is very large,
has 63 3D mountain models and occupies 5000 sq. Km. + 4 airports and 30 Helipad and much more. ..
The expensive price is however more due to the royalties we have to pay for orthophotos at 50 cm / pixel.

I worked for orbx, the ORBX Monument Valley is my work. Price $ 15 and occupied about 500 sq. Km with 12 mountains 3D models ...(10 times smaller)

screenshots:

catinaccio13.jpgcp35.jpgImage30.jpgn1.jpgTreCime34.jpgImage52.jpg

• Upvote 3

Hi Frank. It looks awesome and 4 airports + the HQ scenery are a good value.

How can i buy the scenery?

Any news? Will it be also available at the XPOrg store?

Many thanks, Frank! It looks amazing and real. Only the helipads look a little bit odd.

On 16. 8. 2017 at 5:58 PM, dafra51 said:

Hi all,

The scenery 3D Dolomiti  is very large,
has 63 3D mountain models and occupies 5000 sq. Km. + 4 airports and 30 Helipad and much more. ..
The expensive price is however more due to the royalties we have to pay for orthophotos at 50 cm / pixel.

Hi,

I have to admit that in this case the price 68$ is favorable. Really amazing work !!! Are you planning anything next ? 

Thanks

Hi,

Various projects, Monument Valley, Alps, Himalayas, Patagonia .... all in 3D
Only for X-Plane 11, but much will depend on the interest for the Dolomiti 3D!