Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

(Probably silly) Weather and Visibility questions...

In FS9, User Defined Weather > Advanced Weather > Temp/Pressure dialogue window: is the Temperature that is set or to be set in that box the Temperature at Sea Level? Does whatever temp is inserted in that location influence all other temps in the sim such as the OAT and TAT whilst flying?Regarding visibility, there seem to be several places to change this item. In settings > Display > weather. In User Defined Weather > Advanced Weather > Visibility. And in another location in Advanced Weather. Why are there these different places? What is Advanced Wx vis as compared with DISPLAY wx vis?Thanks for any info, advice, etc.!JS

>>In FS9, User Defined Weather > Advanced Weather >>Temp/Pressure dialogue window: is the Temperature that is set>or to be set in that box the Temperature at Sea Level? Well yes and no. Yes in that you can set the temperature at multiple levels in the atmosphere. So you can set it at sea level or below or above.>Does whatever temp is inserted in that location influence all other>temps in the sim such as the OAT and TAT whilst flying?It does affect the OAT and TAT at that location in the local station setting. You can set it globally without going into advanced weather or you can select several stations on the map in advanced weather setting to set several stations at one time.>Regarding visibility, there seem to be several places to>change this item. In settings > Display > weather. In User>Defined Weather > Advanced Weather > Visibility. And in>another location in Advanced Weather. Why are there these>different places? What is Advanced Wx vis as compared with>DISPLAY wx vis?Again kind of related to Temp and press - Flight Sim 9 offers you the ability to set visibility settings globally and down to the station level. So you might set the global visibility to 20 nm and a local station to 5 nm.I hope that helped answer you questions.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Reed:Thanks for your reply. Actually, I am not sure I get the temperature bit entirely. I never knew that you can set multiple temps manually in the sim. Perhaps I should have just asked: if I enter the temperature just once in the temp dialog box, will this serve as a "reference temp", if you will, for all other temps as I fly in the sim, e.g., if I set the temp to 13F (for a cold winter day) and at an altitude of say "0", will there be a reasonably simulated temperature lapse as I climb to higher altitudes?I don't see where else to set temp other than in the Advanced dialogue. Am I missing a blindingly obvious place to set the temp globally if I wish to do so?I didn't think about making selections for individual wx stations but now that you've explain the vis, I think I get it.Thanks again for your clarification.JS