Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Is EzDok a good replacement for a POV hat?

10 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks David. I'm struggling to work out why you would want 8 views outside the left window but that isn't really important for the purposes of this discussion. How does this group thing work? For each button press does it move to the next view in the group? And when you reach the last one it then shows the first again?

Correct in the way it works Ray.

Why 8?

1) around 11 o'clock view

2) around 10 o'clock view

3) around 9 o'clock view.

Them 3 are great for taxiing and turning onto runway.

The following I use when in flight.

4) around 7-8 o'clock 

5) same view but now I've moved my view point closer to the window so I can see down very clearly. I use these in flight.

6) 8-9 o'clock looking down 

7) 9-10 o'clock again looking down.

8) my fav view in flight looking down 10- 11 o'clock

9) is the same view as #1 as then I press my default VC view and then moves back very nicely.

How you do this?

Set up your default VC view is the first view you will do. Name the view e.g. VC. press ctrl button down and press the button you want to use.

You will see in the UI for that view a " + " button, press that and you now have a copy view, rename that view to xxxxx. Move your view to how you want it. Save it and again press ctrl to set button.

Tip: I always start a new view from my default VC view as then I find my views have a nice symmetry to them. I use a zoom factor of .8 for all and 1.0 for out side views.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks David. Nice and clear. Would it be possible to assign this viewing system to the A and S keys replacing the default viewing system? It seems to work on the same principle. A changes the mode - internal, external, remote and S cycles within the group.

I fly Concorde so I'm really looking forward to setting up some view that show this beautiful aircraft off to the max.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You would have to delete the default for them keys within P3d, then yes you should be fine.

NOTE: Some times if you delete your config, it sometimes puts back some default key settings.

Ray, it's great fun setting up the views you want. Enjoy!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

You would have to delete the default for them keys within P3d, then yes you should be fine.

NOTE: Some times if you delete your config, it sometimes puts back some default key settings.

Ray, it's great fun setting up the views you want. Enjoy!

Thanks David. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry, I'm just a little to keep the conversation going :) Now from the EZdok. I don't quite understand the value of many angles of view at the touch of a button, as described. Isn't it easier to do the rotation of the eyes with the HAT, as we used to? Look to the left any number of degrees is easier in the usual ways. EZdok has many options to work with the cameras, for example, we can identify different cameras in the stack "Cycle View" and by pressing just two buttons quickly to skip to next or previous camera in the list. Another interesting EZdok solution to get the system "Hat as button". In normal mode, with HAT we look around, but pressing a modifier key on the keyboard (e.g., CTRL) our HAT becomes a tool for swith camera as we set up.

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Nickbe said:

I don't quite understand the value of many angles of view at the touch of a button, 

TrackIR is perfect for looking round in a free way and I used it for years. The down side it needs 30 fps or more. 

Panning with a HAT is never the same. 

I used Ezdok for years along with TrackIR. 

Moving to CP with muti views within one button for me, stopped the need of TrackIR, I could drop my fps and gain a better performing sim. 

I could press the middle mouse button down and pan with mouse or set up that HAT.

I prefer to jump to some views e.g FMC others I prefer to make muti views. That's way I like CP so much, it has versatility.

-------

I don't like CP needing to be connect to the internet and they are sorting that out, they should have done it by now, bad. That's the only negative thing I have to say about CP.

EZdoc v1 never had any support. CP has its very own forum here on AVSIM and the support is great. The UI is in a different league to EZdok's

If people prefer EZdoc v2 great, we have choice and competition is good for us all.

Each to there own. Be it TrackIR with EZdoc or CP or just Ezdoc-CP.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Nyxx I did not no cp could be set up like that..

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

On 8/8/2017 at 1:29 AM, Egbert Drenth said:

Hi Ray,

I use the G13 specifically for that purpose, however I don't use the joystick.
In EzDok (and ChasePlane) you define custom views (AP, Radio stack, overhead, whatever you want)
These custom views can be assigned to a key, like Ctrl-Shift-F1. I link the programmable keys of the G13 to these key strokes.
Works fluently.

About EzDok versus ChasePlane.
I have both but for now I reverted back to EzDok.
Since ChasePlane still is in alpha release, it caused some issues on my system. Don't have the time to extensively troubleshoot.
Had used EzDok since version one and like it pretty much.

Egbert

Egbert,

i do exactly what you do with a Logitech G13 and EZdok after I bought a PFC cirrus yoke. Everything has been working well. I do have views setup for Pilot, CoPilot, overhead, throttle, pedestal and left and right views. It does changes views really fast. 

But unfortunately one developer that recently released an a/c addon decided to claim all the Ctrl+Shift+Num. and it is impossible for me to look around the VC and it is a mess. The addon for me it's unusable. Hopefully this does not becomes a trend. 

I have been reading this topic with great interest as i am one of the few people that make videos without a camera add on and would dearly love to have one but to be honest really can't make up my mind which one to go for. Am leaning towards chaseplane despite my buggy internet, Can anyone advise what effect it has performance wise on the sim, does it take a lot of resource?

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Performance wise its nothing. Resource wise very little.

It has a built in cinematic view. By Default it goes into that mode if you do not use the mouse after 10 mins. But you can change that to your own liking.

I only see it in cruise, it goes to an outside view and does a nice cinematic view with the camera moving etc. 

3 hours ago, Dazkent said:

I have been reading this topic with great interest as i am one of the few people that make videos without a camera add on and would dearly love to have one but to be honest really can't make up my mind which one to go for. Am leaning towards chaseplane despite my buggy internet, Can anyone advise what effect it has performance wise on the sim, does it take a lot of resource?

If you have a less than reliable internet connection I'd be inclined to wait until there's an off-line option. Without an internet connection CP will not run as it stands at the moment.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather