Sign in to follow this  
jahowl772

Reading Wrong ADE file

On 8/11/2017 at 9:10 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

That shouldn't be too hard to fix. If the airport's add-on.xml file is in a subfolder under:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

that file was not in that folder. the only files in that folder were add-on.xml.orig and add-on.xml.PSSCBAK. 

On 8/11/2017 at 9:10 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

There are two versions of this file and both work identically. They are located at:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

and

C:\Users\Jay Bloomfield\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

i found the two files but they were different when i opened them. the first file was blank when i opened, and the second had a FSDT entry and a FSUIPC entry

The two copies of add-ons.cfg are supposed to be different. Anyway, run P3d and go to the Options menu, then the Add-ons... submenu. See if the add-on's checkbox is set to be active. If the airport is not in the list then the airport's installation program is not working properly. Make sure you have the most recent version of the airport's installation program, are running the setup program "as administrator", all anti-malware apps are temporarily disabled and the target sim is set to P3d v4.

i have done that. its been in the list and checked. ive run the installer in admin mode several times too. anti virus was disabled and all as well. im in the process of uninstalling and reinstalling all my add on sceneries so hopefully something there will make it work again. 

If all else fails, try downloading another copy of the airport's setup program.

unfortunately, i have downloaded it several times and even reached out to them. they cannot figure it out either

I have been quiet lately partly because I don't understand your problem.  Reading the wrong AFCAD is where we started a few days ago but now the problem seems to be an install that doesn't work?  You are using the AddOn Organizer and you may not have an understanding of how it works.  Regardless, the Imaginesim installer has no knowledge of the AddOn Organizer so you are mixing two install strategies and I'm not sure  how to advise you.  If you have a good understanding of how to manually add a scenery addon it would be much easier to explain.  On my own, I install stuff from developers like Imaginesim and then modify their installation to match the method I want to use.  Instead of using a tool like AddOn Organizer, which is a very good tool (I've tried it), I prefer to edit and manage my own add-on.xml files.  Yes it took time to figure things out, and Lordy was instrumental in my education, but once understood it becomes pretty easy.  Managing my own configuration rather than automating it means I'm likely to solve installation problems very quickly.

I recommend you use the P3D SDK and read the AddOn section.  Then create your own addOn folder and xml file to add the Imaginesim product.  I think there are a half dozen threads here and elsewhere on how to do this... it's worth the effort.

Dan Downs KCRP

i appreciate the feedback. i've really never had any trouble installing scenery since FS9, but i think you're right that with the way P3Dv4 handles installs, it would be worth it to learn more about it. i honestly thought that i did have a good idea of add on scenery installation, but clearly i have holes in my knowledge! :)

Did you ever get it to work? I installed this scenery today, and I'm having the same problem. There is AI or ATC at the airport, and the aircraft behaves as if its off road.

Marius S

Still can't get this to work. I have the scenery installed to a folder outside of Prepar3D and an add-on.xml file located under my documents and P3Dv4 add-ons. I have tried to create this add-on.xml file manually and with AddonOrganizer and each time I get a question when I start up P3D if I would like to activate it. But still, only then buildings are working, not the ADE-file.

Looking at the add-ons in the options menu, I can see scenery is listed and active.

One thing I did notice though. All the other sceneries with an add-on.xml file also have two other files called add-on.xml.orig and add-on.xml.PSSCBAK. I do not have those two files for the KATL scenery.

I have tried to reinstall several times, each time deactivating the anti virus and installing as administrator.

Marius S

The only reason I stumbled into this forum was because I was googling for this exact same problem with Imaginsim Atlanta afcads messed up :)

Hope you got Atlanta working ok. I use Lorby's..because there have been all kind of issues. I installed ATL (the version 2016 for p3dv4) into P3dv4.1. Make sure you do as administrator. Run Lorby's with simulator off and see if it shows up in the list. If it does..like this am in pink...delete the scenery and use Lorby to reinstall and point to where you installed. DO NOT drill down in the directory..just click on the folder....MAKE sure you click SAVE.  It will show up in the Options/add-on as checked marked. You should be good to go. Wouldn't hurt to run Lorby and look at Check encoding and if there are any issues it will show it to you and thats an issue for another discussion. Not a pro but thought I would see if I can help. The Atlanta has been really screwy..one time showing only 2 options..towe and one other or afcad with missing sparking spots. I have it straight for right now but may not be right the next time I boot up P3dv4.1.

Good Luck,

Bob M.

Bob M