Sign in to follow this  
Quijote

Has anybody tried using P2A with VR?

Has anyone tried using VR and bringing P2A up on a window inside the virtual viewer???

They say it can be done, but I'm curious if anyone has tried it???

I'm using x-plane 11 with FlyInside and P2A, but I'm not using SayIt. I'm just using my voice, with my FO taking care of readbacks (P2A would be unable to understand a full readback of the IFR clearance with my Swiss French accent and pronounciation... :-) ).

Talking to ATC in VR adds a lot to immersion, and I would be unable to fly on a monitor anymore...

• Upvote 1

Fabrice Lambert

Hi Fabrice,

I would like to install and spend the 10 trial days with P2A. I use to fly in VR with oculus rift and I am pretty interested by your opinion.

As I read your topic, I see that you are using your voice. And my question is : Which microphone are you using ? The one which is integrated in your VR device or an external one ? A can not use the integrated headset of my oculus rift.

I have no idea on how to activate my headset in Xplane and some instructions would be appreciated.

Hi Pierre,

I'm using this external headset microphone and it is working very well:

http://www.gear4music.ch/fr/Sono-DJ-and-eclairage/SubZero-casque-micro-avec-connecteur-Minijack-noir/1OS9

To choose your active microphone in Windows, right click on the icon representing a speaker in the system tray and choose "recording devices". In the opened window, ensure that your headset's microphone is set as default device. This should allow P2A to hear what you're saying.

Hope this helps.

Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert