Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Can Someone Please Summarize Relationship - Black Marble, Orbx, UTX

I really love the idea of your product and always had hopes that the Xplane night environment would come to P3D,  so now being tempted and seduced by those wonderful videos showing what the marble can do I am thinking of giving it a shot. 

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thank you Paul :wub:
i can tell you that XP inspired us and our first product line from day one,
here we are several years later (Black Marble alone was in development for two years now) with a similar Night lighting system for those not running XP :cool:

38 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

Gregg stop being a "Negative Nelly" and jump in the water :tongue:
(if you didn't like Black Marble see my post above)

I'm still on 3.4, still waiting for 4.x to settle down...may wait until 4.1.  is BM as impressive on 3.4?

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

ouch... still on 3.4 :blush:
Black Marble is spectacular everywhere you install it,
it looks and works just the same on all platforms,

all other platform than v4 will likely see a much bigger value in terms of performance since still bound to 32bit,
we designed and developed Black Marble for 32bit platforms, v4 lifting the flood gates is just gravy on top :cool:

49 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

Go ahead, rub it in. :biggrin:  I watch all the issues...people still trying to figure out how to install scenery and dynamic lighting issues and just cringe a little.  I'm ready to jump on board when the time's right.  For now I'm just puttering around the sky in the NGX (in the daytime).  I'll give it a try when I get the chance.

EDIT:  Oh, I see that P3D is a separate purchase than P3D4...so I'll wait until I upgrade to P3D4.

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Just wondering, I have two Ultimate Terrain titles also including night lighting. Would I have do deactivate the lights in UTC explicitly ?

What do the separate Night Enviroment titles on top of this? Or are they unnecessary with Black Marble ?

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Black Marble and Night Environment though made to look alike are two different animals,
Black Marble is landclass based system and covers the world,
Night Environment is regional, and is a Library Object based suitable for Photoreal scenery,
they each compliment each other and work in different environment to provide seamless integration between the two,

Chris thanks for monitoring this thread and posting your summary. This all sounds good.

One thing, I am or have read your forum thread but after a while one becomes over burdened trying to follow what others are experiencing and their solutions.

I think what I'm asking is a need then is specific instructions on how to accommodate Orbx Vector, UTX and the Orbx landclass stuff.

Step 1 - turn this off if you have this that or other thing

Step 2, - turn this on if you have this that or other thing

Step 3 - rename these files if you have this that or other thing

Step 4 - get a beer and test

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

3 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Go ahead, rub it in. :biggrin:  I watch all the issues...people still trying to figure out how to install scenery and dynamic lighting issues and just cringe a little. 

Well. You will be asking yourself after installing v4 why you waited so long ;-)

Gonna get BM Vector today too. Only Base alone is good but not mindblowing.

So will i see the benefits of BM Base+Vector in OrbX Full Terrain Regions? Still confused on certain aspects. I want to have the complete night lighting part of BM but with the added benefits of OrbX Vector for other stuff such as coastlines, rivers, etc.

Also did anyone get the BM Bridges and AI Cars add-on as well? Are those worth it or not?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

Black Marble is spectacular everywhere you install it,
it looks and works just the same on all platforms,

all other platform than v4 will likely see a much bigger value in terms of performance since still bound to 32bit,
we designed and developed Black Marble for 32bit platforms, v4 lifting the flood gates is just gravy on top :cool:

So you say it is now working with Orbx products? The day before yesterday, it wasn't.

if you disable the FTX_VECTOR_EXX folder then it is working in the Orbx Global or OLC areas. But in the Full Terrain versions it is still not working for me.

whendisabling the CVX Folders inside each full region, the BMM vector streets appear.. But honestly i have to say that all these vectore roads above ORBX textures ..Well i don't like it.

At night absolutly great but daytime it looks ugly

first image CVX inside GEN off and you see BMM streets (at least i think those are the BMM streets). second pic: Plain vanilla GEN

Carsten U

8 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

we added traffic data for every single roads we rendered vector with! bi-directional!
it could if you run 100% traffic on all our vector roads,
you must use this carefully, a 40%-65% on all roads will be just fine,

in some extremely heavily grid areas it may be more noticeable; but then again you have all the controls you need to mitigate any performance issues,
you can reduce in Sim traffic slider and it will reduce traffic (all our data is native to sim!)
you can switch on and off traffic based on roads classes; it doesn't have to be all on to begin with!

even 100% is not as bad as you might think,
on my poor laptop here im running at 100% traffic with Vector here,

Why is all the traffic going one way -- towards you in the vid, or left-to-right. Is that a deficiency in P3D?

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

2 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

if you disable the FTX_VECTOR_EXX folder then it is working in the Orbx Global or OLC areas.

But if you disable that folder, what else is getting disabled in FTX Vector and OLC besides roads? I want everything else active but the roads.

Eric 

Just now, B777ER said:

But if you disable that folder, what else is getting disabled in FTX Vector and OLC besides roads? I want everything else active but the roads.

absolutly. I just deactivated it to test but still not happy with the result and the way to it.

I am close to ask Chris for a refund. So much trial and error..

Carsten U