Sign in to follow this  
Nightflier101BL

PFC controllers in P3Dv4/Windows 10

I'm curious to see if anyone is successfully running PFC hardware in Windows 10 and P3Dv4.  I've been reading that there were some USB issues around a year ago that were fixed with a motherboard upgrade on the controllers.  I'm still waiting to hear back from the company but was curious if anyone knew if these issues were worked out.

Thanks,

Robert

Hi Robert,

I have a SAAB USB desktop yoke that is about 8 years old that was giving me issues & required a board upgrade to make it compatible with WIN10. However I appear to have accidentally found a work around by plugging the unit into the USB 3.1 port on my ASUS ROG Hero IX Z270 board. Since doing this the yoke has been working fine. Prior to that it was a hit & miss affair if it got recognized or not.

I have a series of throttles also however they are last years models & work perfectly.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Robert,

I have a PFC Cirrus Saab Yoke USB that I purchased in 2013 and it's working fine with Windows 10 and V4, Maybe I just got lucky somehow but mine did not require any HW updates to work with WIN10, although I did wait to convert over to WIN10 (from WIN7) just this past Spring so maybe the USB driver issues were resolved by then?  Don't really know.  

In fact the only HW 'change' I've had to make to mine is I had to re-solder a broken wire on one of the rocker switches a while back...but I guess I'll have to reluctantly give WIN10 a pass on that issue at least!  

Kevin

Kevin S

Thanks for the responses.  I'm using the Saab yoke, Boeing pedals and throttle quadrant with the two-engine jet throttles.  I'm still in the process of putting together a new build and the controllers just arrived today.  I was seeing in the manuals, references to Windows XP and 7 only.  Got me thinking that maybe I should have double checked the compatibility before I order those things.

I appreciate the responses.

Robert

Robert,

My PFC yoke and throttle quadrant are about a year old and I am not having any problems with P3dv4 and Win10-64. :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam