Sign in to follow this  
captain420

What affinity mask value to use to keep all 3rd party apps off core 0?

I am using Prepar3D v4, and I have add-ons such as PFPX, Little Nav Map, Flight1 GTN 750/650, ChasePlane, FS2Crew, GSX, FSUIPC, etc... How would I reserve core 0 strictly for Prepar3D exclusively while all the others are using my other cores? I want to maximize and prioritize my CPU to run Prepar3D as efficiently as possible.

I have i7-3770k overclocked to 4.5GHz, with HT on... could someone tell me what Affinity Mask value to use in my prepar3d.cfg file?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Simstarter NG or Process Lasso to set core assignments

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

So what about the affinity mask setting? Is this not required then?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Setting the AM with the above is a really bad way of setting it, you need to use a AM for P3d, anything else you can use lasso but not P3d.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi, can some please help as I have no experience on how to use Process Lasso?  How does this work and how do you install?

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

So what about the affinity mask setting? Is this not required then?

Affinity Mask does not affect any other process than the P3D process. Affinity Mask tells P3D, and only P3D, which logical processors to use. Any other process separate from P3D will have to use some other method to tell it what logical processors it can use. This can be done with Windows Task Manager, batch scripts, FSUIPC, Process Lasso, and Sim Launcher tools that can set processor affinity.

Okay so how can I set P3D to run on another core besides core 0? Since 0 will be used by all other apps? What affinity mask setting do I use?

It's pretty simple.

In P3D you set the affintymask so that for example P3D runs on cores 2-7.

You install ProcessLasso which is pretty straight forward. In Lasso you select with a right-click the process und set the affinity. There are two ways of setting it: Only for the current running process or always when you start the process. You say "always" and pin the addons to cores 0 and 1.

In my eyes pretty simple :-)

And here you calculate your Affinity Mask: http://www.gatwick-fsg.org.uk/affinitymask.aspx?SubMenuItem=hardware

in my example (4 cores with HT and offloading Cores 0 and 1 for addons) you would set in P3D:

a.png