Sign in to follow this  
gabrielleb25

Best GA Multi Trainer P3D v4

Hello all,

Can I have opinions on what would be the natural progression from the A2A C182 in training terms. I want to move up to twin engine aircraft for multi training. Nothing too beefy or racey. Something that would be relatively gentle on me but while still a challenge and giving me the next logical step up. I'd prefer steam gauges, but if there's an outstaning glass cockpit ac I'd consider that too. I've been through the Carenado/Alabeo catalogue but can't decide. Besides, there might be a something out there by another publisher. Will pay up tp £35 GBP for a quality ac that meets the bill.

Thank you all in advance,

Gabrielle B

You might have a look on this bird: http://milviz.com/flight/products/C310R/index.php

As far as I heard, the Milviz aircraft offer a slightly better system simulation compared to Carenado/Alabeo, if you are not happy with their offerings. Otherwise, the newest twins from Carenado/Alabeo have quiet a decent reputation. If you do not expect A2A system simulation, I would give them a try.

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I have not tried the Milviz C310 but I have tried their B55 Baron and it was a good aircraft. The C310 is the quintessential twin engine trainer. I think more multi pilots have cut their teeth on the old 310 than any other multi and thus a good 310 when asking for a trainer is the obvious choice. The problem is that all flight dynamics are not equal in the world of hobby simulation. 

That being said if you are looking for very good flight dynamics I have to recommend something a little outside, OK well outside the twin trainer realm. The Alabeo C404 Titan is one of the best hand flying twins I have tried. This aircraft does not wander around the sky but stays exactly where you put it. It is a little heavier which work to your favor when flying IMC. All around despite normal warts when discussing Alabeao/Carenado aircraft they do make good simple aircraft. Worth a try for those wanting a solid pilot's airplane. Not something I would ever recommend in real life, but fly pushing pixels it darn good. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gabrielleb25 said:

Hello all,

Can I have opinions on what would be the natural progression from the A2A C182 in training terms. I want to move up to twin engine aircraft for multi training. Nothing too beefy or racey. Something that would be relatively gentle on me but while still a challenge and giving me the next logical step up. I'd prefer steam gauges, but if there's an outstaning glass cockpit ac I'd consider that too. I've been through the Carenado/Alabeo catalogue but can't decide. Besides, there might be a something out there by another publisher. Will pay up tp £35 GBP for a quality ac that meets the bill.

Thank you all in advance,

Gabrielle B

The Alabeo PA 44 Seminole & Aztec must must have light twins. The Milviz c310 is another good one.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, gabrielleb25 said:

Can I have opinions on what would be the natural progression from the A2A C182 in training terms.

Since you are familiar with A2A aircraft, I definately would go for the A2A Commanche 250:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=47509

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hi Folks,

Really liked the MilViz C310 - been flying the Carenado one as well - honestly the Carenado is quite good once you replace the dreadful sound set (used MilViz since I have both)... I've flown them side by side - quite a bit...

A2A has been hinting that a twin should drop in the "near" future - might want to see what happens there if money is tight...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Yup, the A2A Commanche is really nice, but it is of course a single, albeit one with more complex controls than most basic trainer singles.

The Milviz Cessna 310R is definitely going to be one of the better choices you could make since it is P3D V4 compatible and is well simulated, and it is perhaps the quintessential twin trainer of recent years.

Whilst there are plenty of Alabeo/Carenado choices, their output can be a bit hit and miss, and patches are not always forthcoming nor do they always solve minor issues, so I'd advise caution with their output and read plenty of reviews before going with one of those.

Personally, I'd say go for the Milviz 310R.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, KenG said:

I have not tried the Milviz C310 but I have tried their B55 Baron and it was a good aircraft. The C310 is the quintessential twin engine trainer. I think more multi pilots have cut their teeth on the old 310 than any other multi and thus a good 310 when asking for a trainer is the obvious choice. The problem is that all flight dynamics are not equal in the world of hobby simulation. 

That being said if you are looking for very good flight dynamics I have to recommend something a little outside, OK well outside the twin trainer realm. The Alabeo C404 Titan is one of the best hand flying twins I have tried. This aircraft does not wander around the sky but stays exactly where you put it. It is a little heavier which work to your favor when flying IMC. All around despite normal warts when discussing Alabeao/Carenado aircraft they do make good simple aircraft. Worth a try for those wanting a solid pilot's airplane. Not something I would ever recommend in real life, but fly pushing pixels it darn good. 

Thanks Ken. The C404 is now on my shortlist, but am leaning towards the C310. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

The Alabeo PA 44 Seminole & Aztec must must have light twins. The Milviz c310 is another good one.

Thanks DJ. Might save up the pennies and invest in these two for my hangar, although the C310 looks like the front runner.

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Really liked the MilViz C310 - been flying the Carenado one as well - honestly the Carenado is quite good once you replace the dreadful sound set (used MilViz since I have both)... I've flown them side by side - quite a bit...

A2A has been hinting that a twin should drop in the "near" future - might want to see what happens there if money is tight...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott. So far the MilViz C310 is ahead in the race, but the decision would be straightforward if A2A had a light twin available. Trouble is I'm too impatient! (Though truth be told I'll probably also buy the A2A twin eventually).

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Yup, the A2A Commanche is really nice, but it is of course a single, albeit one with more complex controls than most basic trainer singles.

The Milviz Cessna 310R is definitely going to be one of the better choices you could make since it is P3D V4 compatible and is well simulated, and it is perhaps the quintessential twin trainer of recent years.

Whilst there are plenty of Alabeo/Carenado choices, their output can be a bit hit and miss, and patches are not always forthcoming nor do they always solve minor issues, so I'd advise caution with their output and read plenty of reviews before going with one of those.

Personally, I'd say go for the Milviz 310R.

Thanks Chock. The Milviv C310R is the front runner now. And thanks for the heads up about checking first the Alabeo/Carenado reviews.

Just now, gabrielleb25 said:

Thanks Chock. The Milviv C310R is the front runner now. And thanks for the heads up about checking first the Alabeo/Carenado reviews.

The best light twin is the Realair B60. Unfortunately, it's no longer available. If you are willing to wait, you could get the Milviz 310 for up to 50% off. They have sales throughout the year.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.