Sign in to follow this  
gabrielleb25

Best GA Multi Trainer P3D v4

The Milviz C310 is an old product (2010) but still holds it's own, especially in terms of sound / immersion (fantastic custom sounds) and most of all, very very convincing flight dynamics.   It has GTN750 integration too.

I'll risk getting some abuse and say that the Carenado PA44 Seminole is a fantastic twin trainer, and for me, one of the best releases they've had.   It also has GTN integration.  Clearly, some systems depictions are a bit 'off' but it's a pretty convincing Seminole.     

Perhaps @Bert Pieke will have my back here, as I know he's a big fan of it too! :ha:

• Upvote 4

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Once you've mastered the twin, go for the A2A Connie.  You'll never regret it. Always a learning experience.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Milviz is also re-making their C310 not sure when it's due out though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, JYW said:

I'll risk getting some abuse and say that the Carenado PA44 Seminole is a fantastic twin trainer, and for me, one of the best releases they've had. @Bert Pieke

It's Alabeo, but close enough.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

As mentioned a few times, I like the Alabeo Seminole. Although I haven't installed into P3Dv4 as of yet.....thanks for the reminder!!  I did my Multi-Engine rating in a Seminole and think they did a very good rendition of it. 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hi Folks,

Yep - heard nothing but good things on the Seminole...

Can't go wrong with the Mv C310 either...

Can anyone confirm if MilViz fixed the Nav Lights and Beacon in P3D with the latest update ??? In the version before the last one - they were offset and hanging in space...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

20 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Can anyone confirm if MilViz fixed the Nav Lights and Beacon in P3D with the latest update ??? In the version before the last one - they were offset and hanging in space...

Unfortunately, the lights are still offset... Noticed this yesterday taking her for a spin in P3Dv4 with the new installation package.

• Upvote 1

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Frack - I reported this like six months ago - discussed it at length with the support team on their forum and Colin - I was hoping they would include it in the fix - makes the plane a hangar queen for me... How could they release a patch and ignore such a glaring deficiency...LOL - end of rant - climbing back in my hole...

Thanks for the response - Philip - much appreciated - saves me a boat load of frustration patching it myself and seeing it all over again...

Regards,

Scott

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

It's Alabeo, but close enough.

True! But same thing, eh? :biggrin:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

They may be waiting to fix it for the 'redux' version of the 310R that Colin mentioned was coming soon, but then haven't heard anything more about it.

If you haven't tried the Alabeo C310R, she's a great ride and pretty to boot.

• Upvote 1

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

29 minutes ago, pmanhart said:

They may be waiting to fix it for the 'redux' version of the 310R that Colin mentioned was coming soon, but then haven't heard anything more about it.

If you haven't tried the Alabeo C310R, she's a great ride and pretty to boot.

Hi Philip,

Yeah - saw the redux as well but we still shouldn't have to pay for a bug fix...

Yep - concur - Alabeo is a sweet ride (and I'm one of their biggest critics) - the plane flies exceptionally well and I feel it's on par with the MilViz FDE... My biggest gripe with the model was the sound set - I actually surprised myself with how much I like it after copied the MilViz sound set into the Carenado C310 - sounds make that much of a difference... Carenado/Alabeo also seem to omit modeling cowl flaps on all their aircraft - which is surprising given the details they put into the models - I don't recall offhand if the C310 is supposed to have them... It's a favorite and my "go to" aircraft for a light twin now...

Regards,

Scott

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yep - heard nothing but good things on the Seminole...

Can't go wrong with the Mv C310 either...

Regards,

Scott

There's a fix in the c310 Milviz forum.

48 minutes ago, JYW said:

True! But same thing, eh? :biggrin:

True. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

There's a fix in the c310 Milviz forum.

Hi DJ,

Thanks - I'll take a look...

Regards,

Scott

6 hours ago, JYW said:

I'll risk getting some abuse and say that the Carenado PA44 Seminole is a fantastic twin trainer, and for me, one of the best releases they've had.   It also has GTN integration.  Clearly, some systems depictions are a bit 'off' but it's a pretty convincing Seminole.     

Perhaps @Bert Pieke will have my back here, as I know he's a big fan of it too! :ha:

I totally agree... the Alabeo/Carenado Seminole is one of their best releases..  I fly it a lot  :cool:

Bert