Sign in to follow this  
StChalky

Orbx 48% off most items

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I bet sales would be better if they took PayPal. . 

Dan,

Good point. :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Does anyone have any feedback on Stockholm? Really curious how well they pulled it off.

- Aaron

Besides LOWI what are the must have airports (preferably with dynamic lighting).

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I just picked up Europe LC and Innsbruck for my collection. I'll grab some of the airports once they become fully v4 ready during the next sale. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

4 hours ago, rooitou said:

I wonder if a lot of customers (like me) have stopped buying ORBX since the move to their unified system, hence a need for funds and another unexpected sale?

I will buy ORBX again, if the following happens:

1. Ability to download to my hard disk and install from there (we had this at FlightSimStore, ORBX took it away)

2. Ability to purchase with my Paypal account (we had it FSS, ORBX took it away)

3. Review system by customers. I know most of ORBX is good, but I can only buy so many things at a time and a review system will help me to prioritise purchases, and provide more objective information about what I'm buying. (we had it at FSS, ORBX took it away)

I feel the same way, that Orbx have let us down with the transition to the OrbxDirect store.

For those of us that purchased DVD boxes at one time or another, as far as I know, they still have not been able to work out how to move us over to their unified system even though they promoted this in their plans.

End result is that after 9 months on after the move, any product updates that have come through we still can not access and take advantage of.

It seems Orbx "box customers" have been forgotten!

Regards
Mark

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

4 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I bet sales would be better if they took PayPal. I know over the years I built up my PayPal balance just so I can make Flight Sim purchases when something new comes out and not drain my primary account. As it stands now I have to use the wife's CC in order to make a Orbx purchases and I have to transfer the PP amount from one account to another. They won't even take Debit/Credit cards which is strange. Even Apple takes Debit/Credit cards. As it stands now Its not worth the pain when the purchase can be really simple. 

JV has said that it hasn't made any difference to their business, quoting record sales not so long ago. However, what he doesn't see is how much more I, for one, would have purchased if that facility were available. While I can appreciate there were some issues with Paypal withholding funds for a while, that is not a unique situation when a business suddenly explodes with new transactions. I can understand Orbx not being happy about that, but the result now is a major inconvenience to customers plus the security worries of using credit cards. In an online world, Paypal is a really secure and versatile payment method. It's questionable that they withhold money from vendors for as long as they do, however there are very few vendors brave enough to not offer the service.

Paypal Credit is also not an option with Orbx as a result. As this sale is totally unexpected, I haven't been preparing for it and Paypal Credit does a buy now pay nothing and no interest for six months offer that would have allowed me to have bought everything I don't own, then just painlessly pay it off in the following few months. As a result I'll only buy a handful of add ons, at best.

Can anyone comment on your thoughts of the Orbx LOWI vs. the Justsim LOWI? I picked up the Justsim version a while back and it is pretty good, but with the sale now I'm wondering if it's worth picking up the Orbx version. For a marginal difference I probably would pass but if it is significantly better I may go for it. Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Just picked up LOWI (couldn't pass at that price) and STS...a nice destination for the new CRJ in my hanger!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, Parping Couplet said:

JV has said that it hasn't made any difference to their business, quoting record sales not so long ago. However, what he doesn't see is how much more I, for one, would have purchased if that facility were available. While I can appreciate there were some issues with Paypal withholding funds for a while, that is not a unique situation when a business suddenly explodes with new transactions. I can understand Orbx not being happy about that, but the result now is a major inconvenience to customers plus the security worries of using credit cards. In an online world, Paypal is a really secure and versatile payment method. It's questionable that they withhold money from vendors for as long as they do, however there are very few vendors brave enough to not offer the service.

Paypal Credit is also not an option with Orbx as a result. As this sale is totally unexpected, I haven't been preparing for it and Paypal Credit does a buy now pay nothing and no interest for six months offer that would have allowed me to have bought everything I don't own, then just painlessly pay it off in the following few months. As a result I'll only buy a handful of add ons, at best.

Same here I had used paypal credit theres goes many sales on that one.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

5 hours ago, aldridgem said:

1. Ability to download to my hard disk and install from there (we had this at FlightSimStore, ORBX took it away)

I have an incredibly slow ADSL connection so hate letting FTXC do all the work, so I have made a manual download of each product. It seems to install from FTXC well. Of course, I have to download any updates really slowly but at least the main product is stored to prevent having to download it every time.

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

Anyone replacing aerosoft approaching Innsbruck with the ORBX version?

Are they similar in quality?

ZORAN

Guest JetFueler
17 hours ago, rooitou said:

I wonder if a lot of customers (like me) have stopped buying ORBX since the move to their unified system, hence a need for funds and another unexpected sale?

I will buy ORBX again, if the following happens:

2. Ability to purchase with my Paypal account (we had it FSS, ORBX took it away)

3. Review system by customers. I know most of ORBX is good, but I can only buy so many things at a time and a review system will help me to prioritise purchases, and provide more objective information about what I'm buying. (we had it at FSS, ORBX took it away)

1. - You still can if you log into your account on the website and go to your product list and click 'info'.  There will be a manual download method available.

2. - Fair enough.

3. - You can still google it and find user reviews or even ask about particular products in forums such as these to get user feedback.

I understand why some people are hung up on the lack of paypal but if you can get by that, there is no reason not to be enjoying ORBX in your sim.

4 hours ago, JetFueler said:

1. - You still can if you log into your account on the website and go to your product list and click 'info'.  There will be a manual download method available.

Thanks JetFueler, I haven't been to my account page in many months. They must've added this since the last time I looked, because the only option I recall was "download and install" from FTXC and then create a backup afterwards. This was unsatisfactory as it still locked me out of the sim for the many hours it took to painfully slowly install a product. Looks like ORBX has finally woken up. So, now it is mainly the PayPal issue that remains. Wonder how long it is going to take ORBX to wake up to that reality?

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

17 hours ago, slait said:

Does anyone have any feedback on Stockholm? Really curious how well they pulled it off.

I really like it even though it is lacking ground traffic and clutter, and some of the terminal textures were not brilliant however, a service pack is ready soon which adds in the much needed traffic/clutter and they've done a lot of work to add higher resolution terminal textures, glass, ground textures, optimization etc.  Previews of the service pack here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/133031-ftx-essa-service-pack/ and the most recent preview here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/139495-essa-stockholm-arlanda/

One thing still being implemented and won't be in the service pack is moving jetways but, I still enjoy the airport and the previews look good. 

Cheers 

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC