Sign in to follow this  
StChalky

Orbx 48% off most items

26 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

According to this post by JV, PayPal have frozen a substantial part of their funds for over nine months

There has to be more to this story than Paypal holding poor ORBX money. Paypal wouldn't do that sort of thing for no reason at all. Wonder what ORBX did?

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

I've got two DVD packages that I'll need added to my FTX Central account.  I was able to manually update one of them (Northern Rockies) but Anacortes is still showing as "update available" but obviously won't let me update.

I did take advantage of the sale and picked up Innsbruck, San Diego and Europe LC.  Have only had a chance to check out San Diego and it is very nicely detailed and good on frame rates. 

Alexander Alonso

7 hours ago, StChalky said:

I really like it even though it is lacking ground traffic and clutter, and some of the terminal textures were not brilliant however, a service pack is ready soon which adds in the much needed traffic/clutter and they've done a lot of work to add higher resolution terminal textures, glass, ground textures, optimization etc.  Previews of the service pack here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/133031-ftx-essa-service-pack/ and the most recent preview here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/139495-essa-stockholm-arlanda/

One thing still being implemented and won't be in the service pack is moving jetways but, I still enjoy the airport and the previews look good. 

Cheers 

Thank you for the feedback.

- Aaron

Hmmm... Will be skipping the sale altogether. I was thinking about buying a few airports, mulling over which ones to buy previous to reading this thread. Sadly, without Paypal that will be a no-go.

Paypal is where any 'mad-money' I've earned is deposited, therefore it's where I spend from. I have no interest in linking up a bank account to move money out of there either. So while I understand Orbx's decision (sounds like the current situation is pretty poor), it does mean that I'll have to save my money for other things.

Which is alright I guess; I've kinda got my eye on a Pro Flight Controls Puma, and unexpected sales like this tend to play havoc with such ideas. :happy:

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

On 8/8/2017 at 9:01 PM, Wise87 said:

Too bad most of there Airport scenery is not v4 ready or I pick up a few. But than I may still purchase and wait for the updates.

You need to install flow object 2 and they will be compatible. 

Its under open beta testing right now. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I just picked up Valdez, Telluride, San Diego and Innsbruck. So far they all look amazing in P3Dv4. I really appreciate the sale!

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Flew Innsbruck last night and found the detailing amazing and frame-rate unaffected.   Highly recommended. 

Alexander Alonso

1 minute ago, rightseat said:

Freaking awesome sale! The wife is going to be soooo irritated! lol

I believe most of the married guys have a MDK account

No need to suffer :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

I am thinking about getting San Diego, too. Does it work without the region? I am reluctant to get SCA due to performance.

On the other side of the planet I am still missing Australia. I am also concerned about performance there and a possible v2. What do you guys think?

Regards, Perry

Works with Orbx SoCal Region or with FTX Global.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Been considering Global Vector in lieu of UTX.  I know that UTX only covers USA and Europe and Vector covers almost everything. Most flying is 60% in US .   Assume fps are about the same.?

Thanks for any recommendations.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

+1 to Carl's question. I think I'd like to go the Vector route (best savings) too. But I'm concerned about the FPS hit.