Sign in to follow this  
StChalky

Orbx 48% off most items

10 hours ago, ctiger said:

...Assume fps are about the same.?

7 hours ago, rightseat said:

+1 to Carl's question. I think I'd like to go the Vector route (best savings) too. But I'm concerned about the FPS hit. 

Vector does have some FPS hit, but it also has a lot of VAS hit if you are not yet using v4. The good thing about Vector is it is highly configurable. You can disable a lot of it's features to accomodate your system. Now with P3Dv4 I can use it along with everything else without having to worry. It's a heck of a deal ORBX is offering us, and now is the best time to buy it. And if it is something that doesn't work out for you, well at least you didn't pay full price... and it will always be there in your account if someday you have upgraded components that can support it.

• Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Has anyone picked up Southern California? How does it perform in v4?

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

9 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

Vector does have some FPS hit, but it also has a lot of VAS hit if you are not yet using v4. The good thing about Vector is it is highly configurable. You can disable a lot of it's features to accomodate your system. Now with P3Dv4 I can use it along with everything else without having to worry. It's a heck of a deal ORBX is offering us, and now is the best time to buy it. And if it is something that doesn't work out for you, well at least you didn't pay full price... and it will always be there in your account if someday you have upgraded components that can support it.

Thanks Andrew,  I am still using fsx-se so I may have to pass if VAS becomes a big problem.  Although the price is tempting will do a little more research.   UTX may also have a similar problems.? 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

10 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

I wouldnt be stressed about missing the sale. ORBX seems to be having them far more frequently these days

ZORAN

1 hour ago, zmak said:

I wouldnt be stressed about missing the sale. ORBX seems to be having them far more frequently these days

This is true. If history repeats itself we can count on their holiday season sale in December. I remember reading  a while back when ORBX announced the transition to selling their own products and not relying on the Flight Sim Store, that it would be easier for them to have more sales, for different discounts, for different lengths of time under their own control. Maybe this freak sale in August is proof of that. 

• Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

How's the new Melbourne for frames?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Does Orbx have Munich?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

6 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Does Orbx have Munich?

No but if you go their products page and select a region you can see whats available

https://orbxdirect.com/#

ZORAN

On 08/08/2017 at 0:43 PM, DJJose said:

They work in P3d v4 if you opt in.

How does that work? Kindly elaborate,as I'm thinking of adding a few more airports.

Anyone not bought LOWI do yourself a Yuuuge favor and grab it while you can, I had the Aerosoft version and wasn't sure whether to buy another but what a difference! I think Aerosoft has sold their last Approaching Innsbruck

Loads of eye candy and amazing frame rates ,locked 30 in pmdg 737 both on ground and in air.

ZORAN

1 hour ago, zmak said:

Anyone not bought LOWI do yourself a Yuuuge favor and grab it while you can, I had the Aerosoft version and wasn't sure whether to buy another but what a difference! I think Aerosoft has sold their last Approaching Innsbruck

Loads of eye candy and amazing frame rates ,locked 30 in pmdg 737 both on ground and in air.

Are you comparing a 2004 product with a 2017 product? Yikes.  Or, does Aerosoft has a  P3D V4 option ? 

I can't say enough good things about the new Orbx LOWI, and fact, has taken front spot over my all time favorite Orbx scenery, Pago Pago.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png