Sign in to follow this  
StChalky

Orbx 48% off most items

Orbx have knocked 48% off download content released before 1st July '17.  Sale ends 22nd August. https://orbxdirect.com/

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

And it includes most of their latest releases!

ZORAN

Indeed, great timing as I was about to buy Innsbruck LOWI and it was sat in the basket at full price while I was looking at other airports when I had a quick look at Facebook and saw the announcement.  Needless to say I quickly removed it from the basket and re-added at the reduced price :)

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

Lucky me, just bought almost a hundred bucks worth of Orbx yesterday and today they have a sale. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

wonder why another sale so soon. wasn't expecting till xmas now.

That sucks Paul but it wasnt expected

ZORAN

Too bad most of there Airport scenery is not v4 ready or I pick up a few. But than I may still purchase and wait for the updates.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I wonder if a lot of customers (like me) have stopped buying ORBX since the move to their unified system, hence a need for funds and another unexpected sale?

I will buy ORBX again, if the following happens:

1. Ability to download to my hard disk and install from there (we had this at FlightSimStore, ORBX took it away)

2. Ability to purchase with my Paypal account (we had it FSS, ORBX took it away)

3. Review system by customers. I know most of ORBX is good, but I can only buy so many things at a time and a review system will help me to prioritise purchases, and provide more objective information about what I'm buying. (we had it at FSS, ORBX took it away)

• Upvote 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

I very dangerously logged on after a bottle over wine of dinner -  care factor zero - 9 products added to the collection. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Ian S

38.jpg

17 minutes ago, Ian S said:

I very dangerously logged on after a bottle over wine of dinner -  care factor zero - 9 products added to the collection. :biggrin:

LMAO 

ZORAN

40 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Too bad most of there Airport scenery is not v4 ready or I pick up a few. But than I may still purchase and wait for the updates.

They work in P3d v4 if you opt in.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I don't know whether to be elated or slightly concerned. Orbx sales have followed a very predictable pattern for many years and we suddenly get another 48% offer not long after the last one.

I suspect the recent, surprisingly long, delay in sorting out V4 airport compatibility,  thankfully now resolved by the beta launch, may have taken its toll on Orbx cashflow. What better than a sale to make up for lost time.

Nonetheless it's most welcome. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Parping Couplet said:

I suspect the recent, surprisingly long, delay in sorting out V4 airport compatibility,  thankfully now resolved by the beta launch, may have taken its toll on Orbx cashflow. What better than a sale to make up for lost time.

Yeah...that'd be my guess.  I do wish they'd work more on regional type airports than those tiny things, though...they're nice...I own a lot of them but I use them less and less.  Some regionals have some nice approaches and you can use them for both GA and commercial.  They've really opened up the world with their OLC and there are so many potential airports.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I bet sales would be better if they took PayPal. I know over the years I built up my PayPal balance just so I can make Flight Sim purchases when something new comes out and not drain my primary account. As it stands now I have to use the wife's CC in order to make a Orbx purchases and I have to transfer the PP amount from one account to another. They won't even take Debit/Credit cards which is strange. Even Apple takes Debit/Credit cards. As it stands now Its not worth the pain when the purchase can be really simple. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

This is good news since AeroFly 2 Innsbruck and Meigs are on sale as well.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Just picked up Innsbruck for €14. 

Best regards,

Neal McCullough