StChalky

Orbx 48% off most items

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Anyone replacing aerosoft approaching Innsbruck with the ORBX version?

Are they similar in quality?

17 hours ago, rooitou said:

I wonder if a lot of customers (like me) have stopped buying ORBX since the move to their unified system, hence a need for funds and another unexpected sale?

I will buy ORBX again, if the following happens:

1. Ability to download to my hard disk and install from there (we had this at FlightSimStore, ORBX took it away)

2. Ability to purchase with my Paypal account (we had it FSS, ORBX took it away)

3. Review system by customers. I know most of ORBX is good, but I can only buy so many things at a time and a review system will help me to prioritise purchases, and provide more objective information about what I'm buying. (we had it at FSS, ORBX took it away)

1. - You still can if you log into your account on the website and go to your product list and click 'info'.  There will be a manual download method available.

2. - Fair enough.

3. - You can still google it and find user reviews or even ask about particular products in forums such as these to get user feedback.

I understand why some people are hung up on the lack of paypal but if you can get by that, there is no reason not to be enjoying ORBX in your sim.

4 hours ago, JetFueler said:

1. - You still can if you log into your account on the website and go to your product list and click 'info'.  There will be a manual download method available.

Thanks JetFueler, I haven't been to my account page in many months. They must've added this since the last time I looked, because the only option I recall was "download and install" from FTXC and then create a backup afterwards. This was unsatisfactory as it still locked me out of the sim for the many hours it took to painfully slowly install a product. Looks like ORBX has finally woken up. So, now it is mainly the PayPal issue that remains. Wonder how long it is going to take ORBX to wake up to that reality?

17 hours ago, slait said:

Does anyone have any feedback on Stockholm? Really curious how well they pulled it off.

I really like it even though it is lacking ground traffic and clutter, and some of the terminal textures were not brilliant however, a service pack is ready soon which adds in the much needed traffic/clutter and they've done a lot of work to add higher resolution terminal textures, glass, ground textures, optimization etc.  Previews of the service pack here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/133031-ftx-essa-service-pack/ and the most recent preview here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/139495-essa-stockholm-arlanda/

One thing still being implemented and won't be in the service pack is moving jetways but, I still enjoy the airport and the previews look good. 

Cheers 

26 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

According to this post by JV, PayPal have frozen a substantial part of their funds for over nine months

There has to be more to this story than Paypal holding poor ORBX money. Paypal wouldn't do that sort of thing for no reason at all. Wonder what ORBX did?

I've got two DVD packages that I'll need added to my FTX Central account.  I was able to manually update one of them (Northern Rockies) but Anacortes is still showing as "update available" but obviously won't let me update.

I did take advantage of the sale and picked up Innsbruck, San Diego and Europe LC.  Have only had a chance to check out San Diego and it is very nicely detailed and good on frame rates. 

7 hours ago, StChalky said:

I really like it even though it is lacking ground traffic and clutter, and some of the terminal textures were not brilliant however, a service pack is ready soon which adds in the much needed traffic/clutter and they've done a lot of work to add higher resolution terminal textures, glass, ground textures, optimization etc.  Previews of the service pack here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/133031-ftx-essa-service-pack/ and the most recent preview here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/139495-essa-stockholm-arlanda/

One thing still being implemented and won't be in the service pack is moving jetways but, I still enjoy the airport and the previews look good. 

Cheers 

Thank you for the feedback.

Hmmm... Will be skipping the sale altogether. I was thinking about buying a few airports, mulling over which ones to buy previous to reading this thread. Sadly, without Paypal that will be a no-go.

Paypal is where any 'mad-money' I've earned is deposited, therefore it's where I spend from. I have no interest in linking up a bank account to move money out of there either. So while I understand Orbx's decision (sounds like the current situation is pretty poor), it does mean that I'll have to save my money for other things.

Which is alright I guess; I've kinda got my eye on a Pro Flight Controls Puma, and unexpected sales like this tend to play havoc with such ideas. :happy:

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2017 at 9:01 PM, Wise87 said:

Too bad most of there Airport scenery is not v4 ready or I pick up a few. But than I may still purchase and wait for the updates.

You need to install flow object 2 and they will be compatible. 

Its under open beta testing right now. 

I just picked up Valdez, Telluride, San Diego and Innsbruck. So far they all look amazing in P3Dv4. I really appreciate the sale!

Flew Innsbruck last night and found the detailing amazing and frame-rate unaffected.   Highly recommended. 

1 minute ago, rightseat said:

Freaking awesome sale! The wife is going to be soooo irritated! lol

I believe most of the married guys have a MDK account

No need to suffer :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I am thinking about getting San Diego, too. Does it work without the region? I am reluctant to get SCA due to performance.

On the other side of the planet I am still missing Australia. I am also concerned about performance there and a possible v2. What do you guys think?

Works with Orbx SoCal Region or with FTX Global.

Been considering Global Vector in lieu of UTX.  I know that UTX only covers USA and Europe and Vector covers almost everything. Most flying is 60% in US .   Assume fps are about the same.?

Thanks for any recommendations.

+1 to Carl's question. I think I'd like to go the Vector route (best savings) too. But I'm concerned about the FPS hit. 

10 hours ago, ctiger said:

...Assume fps are about the same.?

7 hours ago, rightseat said:

+1 to Carl's question. I think I'd like to go the Vector route (best savings) too. But I'm concerned about the FPS hit. 

Vector does have some FPS hit, but it also has a lot of VAS hit if you are not yet using v4. The good thing about Vector is it is highly configurable. You can disable a lot of it's features to accomodate your system. Now with P3Dv4 I can use it along with everything else without having to worry. It's a heck of a deal ORBX is offering us, and now is the best time to buy it. And if it is something that doesn't work out for you, well at least you didn't pay full price... and it will always be there in your account if someday you have upgraded components that can support it.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

Vector does have some FPS hit, but it also has a lot of VAS hit if you are not yet using v4. The good thing about Vector is it is highly configurable. You can disable a lot of it's features to accomodate your system. Now with P3Dv4 I can use it along with everything else without having to worry. It's a heck of a deal ORBX is offering us, and now is the best time to buy it. And if it is something that doesn't work out for you, well at least you didn't pay full price... and it will always be there in your account if someday you have upgraded components that can support it.

Thanks Andrew,  I am still using fsx-se so I may have to pass if VAS becomes a big problem.  Although the price is tempting will do a little more research.   UTX may also have a similar problems.? 

10 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

I wouldnt be stressed about missing the sale. ORBX seems to be having them far more frequently these days

1 hour ago, zmak said:

I wouldnt be stressed about missing the sale. ORBX seems to be having them far more frequently these days

This is true. If history repeats itself we can count on their holiday season sale in December. I remember reading  a while back when ORBX announced the transition to selling their own products and not relying on the Flight Sim Store, that it would be easier for them to have more sales, for different discounts, for different lengths of time under their own control. Maybe this freak sale in August is proof of that. 

• Upvote 1