There is a time and place to attack established companies for daring to miss an email. 

Start up niche companies for flight simming is not that place. Get over your self guys! 

ZORAN

3 hours ago, vortex681 said:

It's a little disappointing, but they wouldn't be the first company to miss a deadline (especially as a startup). I'm not desperate for a replacement quadrant at the moment so I'm happy to just wait it out until someone actually gets their hands on one to test. Have you tried their press info email address from the website (av@flyhoneycomb.com)?

It's not the late arrival of any hardware that's disappointing. It's the lack of response from them. With them announcing a new throttle quadrant you assume there are people working there so why doesn't anyone check their email?

My Saitek throttle quadrants are starting to misbehave so this unit looks promising. I'll try that address, thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

54 minutes ago, zmak said:

There is a time and place to attack established companies for daring to miss an email. 

Start up niche companies for flight simming is not that place. Get over your self guys! 

Attack? Don't be so ridiculous. People here have written to them in January and never received a reply. No-one forced them to include a 'Contact Us' link on their website. If they're going to do that then at least have the civility to reply to polite enquiries.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Attack? Don't be so ridiculous. People here have written to them in January and never received a reply. No-one forced them to include a 'Contact Us' link on their website. If they're going to do that then at least have the civility to reply to polite enquiries.

So they are ignoring you. That Doesn't make any sense.

ZORAN

53 minutes ago, zmak said:

So they are ignoring you. That Doesn't make any sense.

No I'm not saying that. They're not answering their emails assuming they've reached their inbox. But assuming the emails are reaching their inbox it seems odd they're not replying to potential customers. I don't know what's going on but it doesn't bode well for a fledgling company.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm pleased to report I've received a reply from av@flyhoneycomb.com today. I don't think I'm giving away any state secrets when I paste their reply. Apparently they were away on business trips.

Thank you for your interest in our products and apologies for the delay in replying to your email. I have been traveling for the last few weeks.

We’re still in the development stage, but expect to start mass production towards the end of the year. Tooling for the injection mold will begin in the next two weeks and adjustments to that will determine when we can start manufacturing.

We want to make sure to bring out the best product possible and are taking no shortcuts, even if it means delaying the product a month or two.

At this point we’re expecting to participate in both shows with prototypes of both products through our European distributor, Aerosoft.

Things are looking good and as I shall be attending both the Cosford and Lelystad shows I should be able to get a good feel for the hardware. If it feels and works as well as it looks I should have a replacement for my Saitek kit early next year.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Wow! The silence is deafening. I would have expected that news like this would have been appreciated by those looking for an upgrade on the Saitek. :huh:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I checked out the TQ and for the price it's not bad at all. I've been wanting to upgrade my CH TQ for some time now. If they have interchangeable throttle levers for 4 engine jets than sign me up. If they stay with the GA layout than I may have to pass. And please let them use digital pots.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

25 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Wow! The silence is deafening. I would have expected that news like this would have been appreciated by those looking for an upgrade on the Saitek. :huh:

The point is it has a different form factor from the Saitek Yoke. I have a XTOP panel where the Saitek Yoke form-fits, no chance to integrate that new gadget in any way. And besides the XTOP, there are a number of similar Saitek-adapted panels out now.

Otherwise I might have considered a substitution.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I checked out the TQ and for the price it's not bad at all. I've been wanting to upgrade my CH TQ for some time now. If they have interchangeable throttle levers for 4 engine jets than sign me up. If they stay with the GA layout than I may have to pass. And please let them use digital pots.

Dan,

This is taken from their website...

The Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant is an all-in-one cockpit system featuring a configurable throttle setup, from single-engine general aviation to four-engine commercial aircrafts. It features multiple cockpit components including autopilot, annunciator panel, gear & flaps lever as well as a trim wheel.

From the look of it with all six axes equally spaced it would appear it can be configured as you wish.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

although I have a 737 Throttle for the airliners I still use the two sets of Saitek throttle for GA

I am going to get this when it is released. The Saitek trim sucks to the point I do not use it. I do not have a  level for gear up and flaps up (GA flaps)   and it has an annunciator panel with 14 indicators lights that shows the most common system status and cockpit warnings.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Dan,

This is taken from their website...

The Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant is an all-in-one cockpit system featuring a configurable throttle setup, from single-engine general aviation to four-engine commercial aircrafts. It features multiple cockpit components including autopilot, annunciator panel, gear & flaps lever as well as a trim wheel.

From the look of it with all six axes equally spaced it would appear it can be configured as you wish.

Thanks for the info Ray. Now I just have to wait for it to release.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Dan,

It seems the first public viewing will be in Europe at Cosford, England in early October and then Lelystad, Netherlands in November. Is there only one FS show in the US and that would be AvSim's presumably?

I doubt I'll be able to use it on FS as it's only a prototype but getting a feel for it will be important as well as asking relevant questions.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:27 AM, flytrumpet767 said:

I haven't heard anything back.

That's ok, I decided to go with this instead

http://www.flightsimpm.com/products#!/737-Throttle-Quadrant-v2-3/p/33600129/category=11158156

Did you order it?  I saw a thing on youtube and checked their website.  I'm interested in their T7 throttle, it looks awesome.  I sent them an inquiry yesterday and waiting for them to get back..

Gnacino

7 hours ago, Gnacino said:

Did you order it?  I saw a thing on youtube and checked their website.  I'm interested in their T7 throttle, it looks awesome.  I sent them an inquiry yesterday and waiting for them to get back..

Gnacino

At three times the rumoured price of the quadrant we're discussing here I'd expect it to be exceptional.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit