The throttle looks more like the real thing, not like the plastic thing in discussion.  My interest has been in a more realistic throttle and I came across one for Two grand and this one from Flifgthsimpm is one thousand.  I am hesitant to order from outside the US though as I've had a bad experience with a column I ordered with ACE in Canada.  Just wondered if you had or are planning to get it.

Gnacino

18 hours ago, vortex681 said:

At three times the rumoured price of the quadrant we're discussing here I'd expect it to be exceptional.

It is definitely more expensive, but since my other hardware is all replicas of 737 NG equipment, I figured I keep going that route, and hopefully eventually combined this hardware into a full Jetmax configuration. So I guess to me it was worth the premium price.

On 8/27/2017 at 11:48 AM, Gnacino said:

Did you order it?  I saw a thing on youtube and checked their website.  I'm interested in their T7 throttle, it looks awesome.  I sent them an inquiry yesterday and waiting for them to get back..

Gnacino

I did place an order, I was told there was a 4-5 weeks lead time. They are made to order, by a very small team I believe.

20 hours ago, flytrumpet767 said:

It is definitely more expensive, but since my other hardware is all replicas of 737 NG equipment, I figured I keep going that route, and hopefully eventually combined this hardware into a full Jetmax configuration. So I guess to me it was worth the premium price.

I did place an order, I was told there was a 4-5 weeks lead time. They are made to order, by a very small team I believe.

I placed an order as well and the same was said to me.  They respond to their correspondence promptly and that's a good sign.    Good luck.

Gnacino

Are there any non-concept type photos, maybe some of the actual unit? I am curious if the reverse thrust for the airliner config is an actual axis or rather an on/off style button.

I also wonder if the majority of this is all plastic, or is there some metal or aluminum and what they use for tensioning. Nothing irks me more than levers that fall under their own weight or that feel very loose. 

23 hours ago, Gnacino said:

I placed an order as well and the same was said to me.  They respond to their correspondence promptly and that's a good sign.    Good luck.

Gnacino

Thanks

It appears mine is not far from being shipped. Looking foward to it.

On 29 August 2017 at 3:06 PM, Angelo Cosma said:

Are there any non-concept type photos, maybe some of the actual unit? I am curious if the reverse thrust for the airliner config is an actual axis or rather an on/off style button.

I assume you're talking about the Bravo quadrant, otherwise we're drifting off topic here.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

On 8/30/2017 at 5:03 PM, vortex681 said:

I assume you're talking about the Bravo quadrant, otherwise we're drifting off topic here.

Yes the TQ, hence the reverse thrust question.

2 hours ago, Angelo Cosma said:

Yes the TQ, hence the reverse thrust question.

Perhaps a new thread? :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

A new thread seems redundant, two people here said their orders are shipping soon. Was just curious if they knew more, or can chime in when they receive them. 

On 18 August 2017 at 2:27 PM, flytrumpet767 said:

I thought that the quadrant from the link above was the one that they'd been talking about ordering, not the Bravo quadrant. As far as I'm aware, the Bravo quadrant isn't planned to be available until later this year.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

7 hours ago, Angelo Cosma said:

A new thread seems redundant, two people here said their orders are shipping soon. Was just curious if they knew more, or can chime in when they receive them. 

Sorry, I brought the flightsimpm one in the conversation. But I did previously contact,without response, the Bravo quadrant maker. I just went a different route. 

Back on topic with the Honeycomb units I asked them if they were using potentiometers or Hall-effect sensors. The reply was that she thinks Hall-effect is used but will get back to me next week to confirm one way or another.

That would be a huge plus for me were they to use Hall-effect sensors. :biggrin:

http://flyhoneycomb.com/alpha-flight-control/

http://flyhoneycomb.com/bravo-throttle-quadrant-2/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The reply was that she thinks Hall-effect is used but will get back to me next week to confirm one way or another.

That would make them an even more attractive proposition. Fingers crossed.

33 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

That would make them an even more attractive proposition. Fingers crossed.

Agreed but I'm a little sceptical given the cost of each unit is $200. But even if the price rises I would be happy to pay a premium for hall-effect.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hall position sensors would be nice. However, there are some "normal" potentiometers with a high rotational life of around 1'000'000 rotational cycles.
Highest priority is to reduce friction in the moving mechanism of a yoke. Saitek, CH Products, VRinsight and other yokes (GoFlight?) use sleeve bearings (if you can call it a bearing what they use), and the stickiness of them is well reported. Especially when there is a side force on the bearing such as with pitch movement with one hand on the yoke handle.
PFC uses linear ball bearings for pitch and abuses them for rotational roll motion. Virtual-Fly (Yoko) has a single ball slider track for linear pitch motion, and abuses it to take the torque from the rotation.
Interesting therefore will be to see what bearing system Honeycomb will use for the alpha yoke.

A quadrant does not experience a lot of rotational cycles. So a standard good quality potentiometer is quite OK.

• Upvote 1

FlyHirundo Rudder Pedal and Yoke
Designed and manufactured in Switzerland

Email: info@flyhirundo.com