Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

EzyDock or ChasePlane? I'm in a dilemma

Currently I have no camera utility program for P3D v3.4. I just used the views that come with the aircraft I fly - FSLabs Concorde-X.

I've watched YouTube videos of both products and they both seem to do a good job of internal and external views. I'm not particularly bothered about "pilot breathing" effects. I just want a sold product that's easy to configure and use. It should have minimal effect on the simulator and should be usable with or without an internet connection once I have registered the product.

It's the requirements in that last sentence that sets the two products apart. I don't want performance dragged down because of fancy visual effects. That's taking things too far. Can all those be switched off in ChasePlane to minimise the impact on the CPU?

I take my PC to a monthly flight sim meeting where there is no internet access. With the current policy I would not be able to use ChasePlane. A product I have paid for.

Convince me that despite those two major drawbacks I would still be better off with ChasePlane than EzyDock.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

since  you  mentioned   your  requirement is  that  it needs  to work   with or  with out  internet  connection, is  that chase  plane  needs  a  internet  connection. In  due  course  the  dev  is  going  to  make chase plane  work  with  or  with out  internet  connection  but  dont  know  when  its  going  to happen though. I had  both  and  found  chase  plane is  far  easier  to set  up  and  configure.  The main  thing  the  dev  is  constantly  updating  the  addon  and  if  you have  any issue   he  answers  promptly  with the  solutions in the  forum on avsim

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I can also definitely vouch for ChasePlane. It's much easier to use, and is constantly being updated.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Currently I have no camera utility program for P3D v3.4. I just used the views that come with the aircraft I fly - FSLabs Concorde-X.

I've watched YouTube videos of both products and they both seem to do a good job of internal and external views. I'm not particularly bothered about "pilot breathing" effects. I just want a sold product that's easy to configure and use. It should have minimal effect on the simulator and should be usable with or without an internet connection once I have registered the product.

It's the requirements in that last sentence that sets the two products apart. I don't want performance dragged down because of fancy visual effects. That's taking things too far. Can all those be switched off in ChasePlane to minimise the impact on the CPU?

I take my PC to a monthly flight sim meeting where there is no internet access. With the current policy I would not be able to use ChasePlane. A product I have paid for.

Convince me that despite those two major drawbacks I would still be better off with ChasePlane than EzyDock.

Opus FSI works great for me. I cant compare to Chaseplane but its better, more realistic camera effects than EZDok IMHO.

I have used both EZDok and ChasePlane, and ChasePlane takes the cake.  Rather than repeat it's benefits outlined above, it just seems clear to me they are in completely different leagues.  The ChasePlane interface is fresh, easy to use and intuitive.  New features are being added all the time, and the developer is very responsive to the community.  I don't want to fault EZDok, but it is lagging in quite a few ways.  

Competition is good, and at this stage, at least for me, ChasePlane is the clear choice.

• Upvote 2

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

31 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Ray,

I don't have EZDOK v2, but if the need to run offline is a requirement then CP is not for you.  

Keven has indicated he will address the issue after v1 release, but not before.

Personally, I like ChasePlane enough to deal with the always connected issue until it's addressed.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

since  you  mentioned   your  requirement is  that  it needs  to work   with or  with out  internet  connection, is  that chase  plane  needs  a  internet  connection. In  due  course  the  dev  is  going  to  make chase plane  work  with  or  with out  internet  connection  but  dont  know  when  its  going  to happen though. I had  both  and  found  chase  plane is  far  easier  to set  up  and  configure.  The main  thing  the  dev  is  constantly  updating  the  addon  and  if  you have  any issue   he  answers  promptly  with the  solutions in the  forum on avsim

Thanks for your reply Pete. It would be helpful if he were to make a definitive statement to that effect. I don't want to buy a product that I can only use when online. I assume it's being done for reasons of anti-piracy. That's fine but surely the check for a valid licence can be made every few days. It's only a once-a-month requirement that I'll be offline.

I agree that from the videos I've seen ChasePlane seems easier to use and more intuitive. The performance issues remain and I would appreciate a reply to that. Is this only a problem when the advanced features like 'pilot breathing' are enabled? For simple view changes is there a hit with that?

The EzDok author is also updating his product albeit with support in another place.

Finally, when is ChasePlane v1.0 going to be released? I don't usually buy software when still in beta.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, GHarrall said:

Opus FSI works great for me. I cant compare to Chaseplane but its better, more realistic camera effects than EZDok IMHO.

Given I already have a weather program (AS16) I don't need to replace that. Thanks for replying, you're the first to mention Opus.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

30 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

I have used both EZDok and ChasePlane, and ChasePlane takes the cake.  Rather than repeat it's benefits outlined above, it just seems clear to me they are in completely different leagues.  The ChasePlane interface is fresh, easy to use and intuitive.  New features are being added all the time, and the developer is very responsive to the community.  I don't want to fault EZDok, but it is lagging in quite a few ways.  

Competition is good, and at this stage, at least for me, ChasePlane is the clear choice.

Thanks Doug. No performance hit?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Doug. No performance hit?

None whatsoever... at least from what I've experienced.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

26 minutes ago, airernie said:

Ray,

I don't have EZDOK v2, but if the need to run offline is a requirement then CP is not for you.  

Keven has indicated he will address the issue after v1 release, but not before.

Personally, I like ChasePlane enough to deal with the always connected issue until it's addressed.

Ernie

Thanks Ernie. Can you point me to his statement? It does seem a bizarre decision to insist there is always an online connection. What happens if there's a break in the broadband service through no fault of CP or the user? Your purchase is useless. :sad:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

None whatsoever... at least from what I've experienced.

Thanks Doug. Do you have those advanced settings enabled? I'm sure you know the ones I'm referring to.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

20 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Doug. Do you have those advanced settings enabled? I'm sure you know the ones I'm referring to.

Yes, Ray... I have Advanced Features and Experimental Versions selected since I want to help out as much as I can during the beta phase.  While have have very few issues, one does crop up now and then and it's important that the details be sent to the developer.  There really is no competition.  The vast number of adjustments you can make to every camera to make them fulfill your exact needs is impressive.  

I was once exclusive to EZDok, then ChasePlane came along... and I haven't looked back.  I'm not getting paid by them to say these things either.  Their product sells itself!

• Upvote 3

Doug Miannay

1 hour ago, dmiannay said:

Yes, Ray... I have Advanced Features and Experimental Versions selected since I want to help out as much as I can during the beta phase.  While have have very few issues, one does crop up now and then and it's important that the details be sent to the developer.  There really is no competition.  The vast number of adjustments you can make to every camera to make them fulfill your exact needs is impressive.  

I was once exclusive to EZDok, then ChasePlane came along... and I haven't looked back.  I'm not getting paid by them to say these things either.  Their product sells itself!

Thanks for your honesty Doug. I suppose as a beta tester your job is to try to break the utility by hammering it. I've spent a couple of hours watching videos on YT. The Matt Davies one is the one that causes me some concern. Now he's flying the PMDG747 - the same as you have in your sig. Take a look at his video around the 27:30 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2PKmP2yF0

He complains about the stutters whilst taking off from KSAN. Is that his setup or is CP having a significant effect on the sim?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks for your honesty Doug. I suppose as a beta tester your job is to try to break the utility by hammering it. I've spent a couple of hours watching videos on YT. The Matt Davies one is the one that causes me some concern. Now he's flying the PMDG747 - the same as you have in your sig. Take a look at his video around the 27:30 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2PKmP2yF0

He complains about the stutters whilst taking off from KSAN. Is that his setup or is CP having a significant effect on the sim?

I'm no expert with Prepar3D, nor do I play an expert on TV, but I do believe that all ChasePlane is doing is controlling the camera system.  I don't see how cameras can have a performance impact, but there are definitely folks here that can set me straight if I've misstated that.

Being a frequent user of the PMDG B744, and operating at large commercial airports, stutters while making 90+ degree turns on a taxiway are completely understandable as new and complex scenery comes into view.  I don't see how ChasePlane could have anything to do with what Matt experienced.  Of course, I refer you back to my "expert" comments above... I could be wrong.

However, I discern zero performance impact with ChasePlane in my Prepar3Dv4 setup.

Doug Miannay