Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

EzyDock or ChasePlane? I'm in a dilemma

I searched for ChasePlane and Concorde since that's the aircraft I'll be using should I buy CP. I came across this video which shows how to make Concorde work correctly.

This is not very encouraging especially as the user posted his video last November. Can anyone confirm if these issues have been addressed? I wouldn't want to have to do that every time I flew Concorde.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

49 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I searched for ChasePlane and Concorde since that's the aircraft I'll be using should I buy CP. I came across this video which shows how to make Concorde work correctly.

This is not very encouraging especially as the user posted his video last November. Can anyone confirm if these issues have been addressed? I wouldn't want to have to do that every time I flew Concorde.

Ray - He was using a very early Alpha (0.1.34) and ChasePlane is now in beta with version 0.3.72.  Huge improvement since that Alpha version.  I would be very surprised if ChasePlane didn't function just fine with the Concorde.  However, assumptions are a bad idea.  You could ask a separate question here in the ChasePlane support forum and I'm certain you'll get your answer. 

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

15 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

I'm no expert with Prepar3D, nor do I play an expert on TV, but I do believe that all ChasePlane is doing is controlling the camera system.  I don't see how cameras can have a performance impact, but there are definitely folks here that can set me straight if I've misstated that.

Being a frequent user of the PMDG B744, and operating at large commercial airports, stutters while making 90+ degree turns on a taxiway are completely understandable as new and complex scenery comes into view.  I don't see how ChasePlane could have anything to do with what Matt experienced.  Of course, I refer you back to my "expert" comments above... I could be wrong.

However, I discern zero performance impact with ChasePlane in my Prepar3Dv4 setup.

Thanks Doug. It seems the reason for the severe stutters is down to another reason. Matt was asked and replied.. "No, it was from OBS - I put it in the description.".

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, dmiannay said:

Ray - He was using a very early Alpha (0.1.34) and ChasePlane is now in beta with version 0.3.72.  Huge improvement since that Alpha version.  I would be very surprised if ChasePlane didn't function just fine with the Concorde.  However, assumptions are a bad idea.  You could ask a question in the ChasePlane support forum here at Avsim and I'm certain you'll get your answer. 

Cheers Doug. Concorde has a requirement that you have the Piper Cub as your startup flight. I then switch to my preferred airport and once fully loaded only then will I load Concorde from the Vehicle menu.

Not knowing how CP works I would only want it to start then. Perhaps the key is not to allow CP to run with P3D but to launch it manually once Concorde is correctly positioned and cold and dark.

But isn't this the support forum? :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

28 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Cheers Doug. Concorde has a requirement that you have the Piper Cub as your startup flight. I then switch to my preferred airport and once fully loaded only then will I load Concorde from the Vehicle menu.

Not knowing how CP works I would only want it to start then. Perhaps the key is not to allow CP to run with P3D but to launch it manually once Concorde is correctly positioned and cold and dark.

But isn't this the support forum? :wink:

There should be no issue at all doing that. Simply disable ChasePlane from starting up with the sim (in the EXE.xml), then, once you've loaded up the Concorde cockpit, start ChasePlane.   I can shut ChasePlane down completely while in a flight, then start it back up and it loads correctly and automatically loads the cameras for the specific aircraft I'm flying at the time.  It really does work well... but again, it is still in beta.  Since I don't have the Concorde, I'm powerless to test this for you.

Edit:  See, I didn't know where I was.  I was here in the ChasePlane support forum all along.  Getting old is for the birds! :)

• Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Given I already have a weather program (AS16) I don't need to replace that. Thanks for replying, you're the first to mention Opus.

Understood. You can disable the weather but then I suppose you are paying for something extra you don't need.

There is no known issue with the Concorde. While I do not own the aircraft, we have no recent report of issues with the latest builds of ChasePlane

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

46 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

There is no known issue with the Concorde. While I do not own the aircraft, we have no recent report of issues with the latest builds of ChasePlane

Thank you Kevin. It should perhaps be mentioned in your documentation that ChasePlane should not be configured to run when the sim starts as the Piper Cub has to be loaded first before Concorde is selected once the Cub is positioned at the gate.

As far as I can ascertain Concorde is the only aircraft that requires this special attention. When do you anticipate ChasePlane will be released as a non-beta program?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It should perhaps be mentioned in your documentation that ChasePlane should not be configured to run when the sim starts as the Piper Cub has to be loaded first before Concorde is selected once the Cub is positioned at the gate.

This kind of information should be mentionned in the aircraft's User Manual as it only concerns their aircraft.

ChasePlane sends camera position data to the simulator natively via SimConnect using public SDK commands. If the aircraft is conflicting with official SDK commands, they should deal with the technicalities that goes with it. If we do it for the Concorde, we'll need to include every other aircraft and that's unmanagable in the long run. If an aircraft (like the MJC Q400) breaks ChasePlane features, then we are including the info in the User Manual and in the limitations section of the product page.

But that's just my opinion!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven, I'm theorising because I don't have CP. Just using some knowledge gleaned from watching videos. I don't disagree with you but FSLabs have their hands full with the A320 conversion to 64-bit at present.

I'm sure Lefteris and Andrew would appreciate your comments.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

We are in contact with FlightSimLabs (both Andrew and Lefteris) for various projects but the Concorde never reached a conversation between us. Either there aren't a lot of users or most of them don't have an issue with it and ChasePlane.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It should perhaps be mentioned in your documentation that ChasePlane should not be configured to run when the sim starts as the Piper Cub has to be loaded first before Concorde is selected once the Cub is positioned at the gate.

hi ray, keep in mind you are making this determination about requiring a workaround off a very old video. i don't have to use this workaround with the concorde, in fact this the first i've heard of it actually. i double checked just now and CP + Concorde seems fine with the current version also.

don't know how much this helps since i'm using fsx-se not p3d. maybe you can find somebody who has both who can verify that it also works fine there. i would be surprised if it didn't though.

cheers,-andy crosby

8 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

We are in contact with FlightSimLabs (both Andrew and Lefteris) for various projects but the Concorde never reached a conversation between us. Either there aren't a lot of users or most of them don't have an issue with it and ChasePlane.

It's likely Concorde will not be owned by as many people as have the PMDG737. It's a niche aircraft with analogue gauges. But there will still be a significant number of people who fly it.

It's more likely there are no issues between it and CP which is reassuring. I might raise CP in the Concorde forum and see how many use it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, spesimen said:

hi ray, keep in mind you are making this determination about requiring a workaround off a very old video. i don't have to use this workaround with the concorde, in fact this the first i've heard of it actually. i double checked just now and CP + Concorde seems fine with the current version also.

don't know how much this helps since i'm using fsx-se not p3d. maybe you can find somebody who has both who can verify that it also works fine there. i would be surprised if it didn't though.

cheers,-andy crosby

Hi Andy,

That's the dangers of the internet eh? :wink: Do you have CP configured so it starts when FSX-SE starts or do you start it manually once you have switched from the Trike? There are no issues between FSX and P3D that I'm aware of.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Andy,

That's the dangers of the internet eh? :wink: Do you have CP configured so it starts when FSX-SE starts or do you start it manually once you have switched from the Trike? There are no issues between FSX and P3D that I'm aware of.

you  can start it  manually  or  let  it  start  when you start  the  sim your  choice

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg