Sign in to follow this  
alanrco

Not Worth My Money!

I've just purchased the Jetstream into a new install of FSX on a new computer. Have added the excellent Aerosoft Consolidated Catalina and some UK airports all of which work well and cost considerably less than PMDG stuff. Attempted to run the tutorial for the  Jetstream (what tutorial?) as shown in the load files. Large Graphical glitches occurred  Across the outside scenery. I exited the flight and FSX gave a fatal error message and closed. Tried reinstalling the Jetstream same thing happened. Tried changing location etc. No good, crashes FSX every time. Just need to know how I get my money back? Absolutely no problems with this fast PC except this plane. BTW can find no manuals for it either! Will definitely avoid this company in future. BTW service pack 1 and 2 installed. There is a link for service pack for the Jetstream but that just brings up 'file not found' on the PMDG site.

Alan

Edited by alanrco
Extra information

44 minutes ago, alanrco said:

Will definitely avoid this company in future.

o.O  You might want to take a deep breath and let some folks help you.  I wish I still had it installed...wonderful plane to fly.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I still have it installed. It's one of my top 10 sims. I wish they would update to v4.

Dwight Heyer

If you bought the download version from the PMDG store, it should be the latest version anyway. No servicepack required then.

As for the glitches and the crashes, just to test things, run the Jetstream ConfigManager and disable icing effects. For me the glitches went away. This should result in a perfectly usable addon and you can submit a support ticket to PMDG to get the remaining glitches issue sorted.

Oliver Märtens (Maertens)

"FLICKERING SCREEN
If you experience a flickering screen or other odd visual artefacts, this is caused by your graphics card not supporting the ice visualization technology utilized in the virtual cockpit.

• Open the PMDG Jetstream 41 Configuration Manager and select Virtual Cockpit Model Options to Medium or Low. Unfortunately, this fix disables visual icing effects from within the virtual cockpit; pilots will need to switch to external views to check for ice accumulation on the airframe."

http://viaintercity.com/forums/bae-jetstream-41-(bae-js4100)/faq-(frequently-asked-questions)-and-tips-for-bae-js4100/

Oh and all the manuals should be in your start menu under PMDG

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

On 8/8/2017 at 10:44 AM, alanrco said:

Will definitely avoid this company in future

I think PMDG will survive.

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2017 at 10:44 AM, alanrco said:

Will definitely avoid this company in future.

Alan

Must be lonely, being a minority of one. Folks have offered suggestions to fix your problem...how about having the common courtesy to reply about whether they worked or not. Only a suggestion, but manors would dictate that when someone offers help, a "thank you" is in order.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

1 hour ago, somiller said:

Must be lonely, being a minority of one. Folks have offered suggestions to fix your problem...how about having the common courtesy to reply about whether they worked or not. Only a suggestion, but *manners would dictate that when someone offers help, a "thank you" is in order.

On the topic of manners, the OP put this up barely 2 days ago and new to the forum and the company. There's a high likelihood that he's hasn't even returned to the forum since his initial post.

Comments like these are demonstrative of the negative reputation this forum has earned within the sim community. Next time, ask yourself if you really adding anything to the discussion before you reply in this manner? 

• Upvote 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

On 11 August 2017 at 0:43 AM, ZLA Steve said:

On the topic of manners, the OP put this up barely 2 days ago and new to the forum and the company. There's a high likelihood that he's hasn't even returned to the forum since his initial post.

Comments like these are demonstrative of the negative reputation this forum has earned within the sim community. Next time, ask yourself if you really adding anything to the discussion before you reply in this manner? 

Thank you Steve! Somiller seems to be a bit impatient and rude. I've spent the last few days of my busy life trying to solve the problems. It appears that my new computer is faulty. I ran the Windows memory test tool and it failed. I also installed the Jetstream on a friend's computer and it ran fine. The offending computer has been returned for testing. I apologise for my initial rant, just a moment of anger over the time wasted. I'm not sorry for the caps, but here goes. I ALWAYS REPLY TO A THREAD WHEN THERE ARE REPLIES FROM MEMBERS! As I do with all forums I belong to.

Thank you people for your replies and suggestions.

Alan

PS Somiller, I'm not lonely

Edited by alanrco
Did not finish
  • Upvote 2