Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Does OrbX Full Regions include any airports?

I'm curious to know if any or all of the OrbX FTX Regions include airports?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

They lightly update airports. The only full airport update i know of is Cardiff in Wales

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

If you have seen the free ftx global airport packs thats how the region airports look. I have bought all the region and am satisfied with the airports. They are 10x better than default.(IMHO)

In the region there is some static planes,buildings and people flow at the airports.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Orbx region airports are basically the same as what Orbx now releases in their Global airport packs.  Basically what this means is that you get airports upgraded to roughly reflect the actual airports' structures and placements, but using standard Orbx lib textures rather than custom ones.  Some of these, especially in the newer regions (SoCal, NoCal and SoAK), are very nice.  Basically big improvements over default, but certainly not like an Orbx payware airport.

Scott

So the airports included with the full regions are separate from the freeware airport packs right? are these 2 separate things?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yes.  The airports in the packs are for areas covered by Global and not part of their "Full-fat" regions.  The region airports are including as part of each region.

I combine ORBX regions with high-end airports like FSDT KLAX and CYVR, FlightBeam KSFO, FlyTampa YSSY, but that requires disabling any ORBX files with those airport names, except for the altitude elevation correction files.  As ORBX updates its products, I've noticed some FTC Central control panel options asking if you own some of the popular add-on airports. If so, the program automatically disables those files to avoid visible duplication.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

47 minutes ago, Luis_KMIA said:

I combine ORBX regions with high-end airports like FSDT KLAX and CYVR, FlightBeam KSFO, FlyTampa YSSY, but that requires disabling any ORBX files with those airport names, except for the altitude elevation correction files.  As ORBX updates its products, I've noticed some FTC Central control panel options asking if you own some of the popular add-on airports. If so, the program automatically disables those files to avoid visible duplication.

Do you run AI Traffic with this combo? I guess that should be major FPS fit...GLOBAL, Vector, Regions, custom airports...

Since ORBX has now almost 50% of all of their products, I'm just wondering what is the experience of using their regions (especially NCA/SCA) with heavy airports such as FB SFO and FSDT LAX + 100% custom AI. I already have Vector and Global and I must say it's kinda a hit for FPS, not dramatic, but a big one. On a contrary FTX Norway mixed with AS ENGM + 100% AI feels gives excellent results, 

So...two scenarios I'm interested in 

FB SFO + ORBX NCA
FSDT LAX + ORBX SCA

My understanding that ORBX PNW + FSDT CYVR+T2G KSEA = are just fine with 100% AI levels.

Your comments would be much appreciated

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

I'm curious to know if any or all of the OrbX FTX Regions include airports?

Yes, 100s and that is the bonus of their regions, they update all the airports with objects and such. Obviously they are not high end payware quality but much nicer than anything default.

And there is a sale on now, so you can stock up on some great GA airports.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

3 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Do you run AI Traffic with this combo? I guess that should be major FPS fit...GLOBAL, Vector, Regions, custom airports...

I just changed to P3Dv4 and I only fly PMDG.  The combo of ORBX regions, high-quality airports, and PMDG is working well.  I'm waiting for a P3Dv4 traffic program to get more realism, so no I would imagine having to be conservative with traffic setting to keep my current 30+ FPS.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)