Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

FreeMesh Global 2.0 in P3dv4 using add-on xml methods vs scenery.cfg?

Does anyone know if using the add-on.xml method will work with placement and ordering of the areas properly vs using scenery.cfg.. 

I've reinstalled all of my p3d addons in v4 using the add-on.xml method at least for 90 percent of them (except orbx, utx).. wondering if there is a way to successfully do this?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

The position of the entry within the add-on.xml controls its priority relative to other entries in the same add-on, at least.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

44 minutes ago, Luke said:

The position of the entry within the add-on.xml controls its priority relative to other entries in the same add-on, at least.

Cheers!

I'm using Lorby's tool.. so i have many addon xml entries (only grouped some of them together).. i would assume though, if i set the FM entries at the bottom of the addon xml listings.. it should be similar to that of near the bottom of the scenery.cfg, though i also have Orbx ftx entries in the top of the scenery config.. unclear how the two tie together in the end.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Hi guys,

Addon.xml is a bit above my head, but I've been meaning to look into this functionality. You guys probably know more about it than me at this point.

9 minutes ago, AviatorMoser said:

Hi guys,

Addon.xml is a bit above my head, but I've been meaning to look into this functionality. You guys probably know more about it than me at this point.

Same here it is beyond my comprehension and besides I just don't see the point when the alternative is so simple.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."