Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Now that we have a great sale what are the must have Orbx airports

The airports to get and the ones not to get. (airports only, vector, global and LC's are already must haves :)

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I was about to buy vector last week. Glad I waited.

I'm still sitting on the fence, because I tend to buy a lot of add on airports from other sources. Years ago I purchased UTX and I was really unhappy with how the coastal airports were impacted by the new coastlines. It was a real cluster. I know ORBX has a tool that helps correct for this, but I haven't had the chance to do in depth research on its effectiveness. I've also stayed away from mesh products for the same reason since my FS Genesis Galaxy membership expired several years ago.

I'd definitely get Global Base if you have it already.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

16 minutes ago, warbirds said:

The ones to get and the ones not to get. 

Do you have any regions? If not, get Norway & ENNK.

Plus there are many great AS airports like ENVA that work with FTX Norway.

I'd recommend all of them except for YBBN. If you have a powerful computer maybe you will get decent fps.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Have I got this right - as most of the airports I have looked at are currently not available for P3D V4 - are we assuming that they will be made compatible free of charge - or have I missed an announcement?

George Westwell

Can't think of any not to get. The ones (airports) that come mind are KSAN, PAKT, PAJN. Regions: Pacific Fjords, Pacific Northwest, Southern Alaska.

2 minutes ago, SquadronLeader said:

Have I got this right - as most of the airports I have looked at are currently not available for P3D V4 - are we assuming that they will be made compatible free of charge - or have I missed an announcement?

They work in P3d v4. Visit the ftx forums and get informed.

1 minute ago, bills511 said:

Can't think of any not to get. The ones (airports) that come mind are KSAN, PAKT, PAJN. Regions: Pacific Fjords, Pacific Northwest, Southern Alaska.

Add Valdez.

4 minutes ago, SquadronLeader said:

You must have missed the announcement. http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/139402-objectflow-2-open-beta/ I opted-in and everything looks good.

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Add Valdez.

Yes, that one too. Actually they're all good.

I tend to pick airports by the region I prefer to fly in.  Currently really enjoying the SoCal region and the KAVX/KSAN/KPSP/KSEZ routes.  Also recommend KBHB/KBID and KACK from iBlueYonder for New England flying.  

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Airports... anything by Jarrad Marshall is a sure buy for me.  All the artists at ORBX are incredibly talented, but Jarrad is the best of the best!

Greg

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, lownslo said:

Airports... anything by Jarrad Marshall is a sure buy for me.  All the artists at ORBX are incredibly talented, but Jarrad is the best of the best!

Greg

+1

KRDD,LOWI, KMRY, KJAC. 

Then CYSE, PAJN and the amazing New Zealand South,NZQN,Milford Sound 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Do any other Orbx airports have the p3dv4 dynamic lighting like LOWI has?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I am thinking of getting KSAN San Diego but I do not have California region. I am happy with MEgascnery Ca.

The Q. how well would San Diego (Orbx) sit on top of Mega Scenery So cal.

Did anyone try this combo?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter