Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Now that we have a great sale what are the must have Orbx airports

Orbx Sedona! KSEZ

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Kinda light in the pocket at the moment. So could only pick up one airport today. I got KSAN. 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

I am thinking of getting another region,,maybe England? Which region in Europe would have the best look and available airports?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

18 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Which region in Europe would have the best look?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So what sort of look do you fancy? Plain and flat? Curvy and mountainous? Do you like to fly big airplanes or small airplanes?

19 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I am thinking of getting another region,,maybe England? Which region in Europe would have the best look and available airports?

England is a smart choice because Orbx has airports for it and UK2000 has almost every major and minor airport also.

My favorite Orbx airports are:

• KSFF - Spokane
  • KRDD - Redding
  • KPSP - Palm Springs
  • EGKA - Shoreham (UK)

Edited by RichieFly
I said Milviz, for some reason

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

16 hours ago, warbirds said:

Do any other Orbx airports have the p3dv4 dynamic lighting like LOWI has?

I believe Orbx is adding dynamic lighting to all its payware airports for free, I read JV mentioning that in a post on their forums. I assume those updates will be rolled out through FTX Central.

KTVL, KJAC,KWYS,KEGE,KTEX,KBZN  all also very good!  As mentioned the Norway airports are great also.

Lets face it they are all good. Hamburger with the works ?

Do they give a further discount for everything.

ZORAN

20 hours ago, Manny said:

I am thinking of getting KSAN San Diego but I do not have California region.

This prevents me from buying anything also. Not interested in buying their 'regions' just to make an airport work and look right.

4 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

This prevents me from buying anything also. Not interested in buying their 'regions' just to make an airport work and look right.

Wow!  The regions is where the real value in ORBX products lies!  For me the regions are the cake board, cake, and frosting.  The airports are the cherry on top.  To each his own!

Greg

1 hour ago, lownslo said:

Wow!  The regions is where the real value in ORBX products lies!  For me the regions are the cake board, cake, and frosting.  The airports are the cherry on top.  To each his own!

Greg

I have the PNW Regions and lots of airports and I love it.

sometimes, you want just 1 or two airports...and for desert areas like CA, I prefer photo textures  I'd prefer something like KPSP that does require region. I hope Orxx does more and more like those large areas like Sedona, Palmsprings etc. San Diego seemed something like that.

I am hoping someone has installed KSAN without region (CA) and it works. 

Manny

13 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

KSAN & KPSP work fine with their OpenLC NA - you don't need the SoCal region. There's a switch in the settings for compatibility. 

Cheers

Paul Hand

Anyone know how socal photo scenery interacts with ORBX airports?

ZORAN

9 hours ago, paulhand said:

KSAN & KPSP work fine with their OpenLC NA - you don't need the SoCal region. There's a switch in the settings for compatibility. 

Cheers

Thank you, Paul..That was the answer I wanted. :)

Bought it! 

Manny