Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Now that we have a great sale what are the must have Orbx airports

On 08/08/2017 at 11:09 PM, warbirds said:

I am thinking of getting another region,,maybe England? Which region in Europe would have the best look and available airports?

As a Brit you're bound to say I'm biased, but Orbx England has the right "feel" in portraying English countryside from the air (I've had a fair bit of GA experience here). However, it is missing the "Wow" factor. Besides the mountains (more like hills by US standards) in The Lake District, Cumbria, you get towns and gently rolling countryside. You do however get some great airports, both Orbx and UK2000.

For something with a little more variation you'd be better looking at Scotland or Wales. I can't comment on N. Ireland or Eire. For a European region with more scenic highs, I'd recommend Norway... fjords, and etc.

I see KSAN being mentioned more than once so would like to know how are the fps and does it have people flow?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I picked up LOWI, KSAN and Landclass for EU.

LOWI and KSAN are beautiful and FPS was great on my system. 

KSAN in particular was impressive FPS-wise, as I also have Orbx Southern California loaded, which can be rough on FPS in certain areas, particularly LA.  But KSAN ran smoothly, even with so much autogen in the scenery.  Highly recommended.

I'll have to take a quick flight to see if it has people flow and will report back.  

Edit: I did a quick helo flight over the airport and not a soul was spotted (people flow).  I may have missed it, though, but didn't spot any.

Alexander Alonso

Kind of an old topic, and the sale is over of course, but I just had to comment.   I got KSAN a couple of days ago, and I'm blown away.  What impressed me so much was just how accurate it renders the city, and how large the area is that is covered.  I used to live in San Diego, and I was able to find an apartment complex I lived in, which is about 12-14 miles East of the airport, as the crow / plane of your choice flies.  I mean, you wouldn't know it was a bunch of apartments without having actually been there in real life, but the fact that it was there, and recognizable, was amazing.

I can also confirm that I saw people moving around while I was sitting on the ground.