Sign in to follow this  
Tom_L

[P3Dv4] Reverse and other anomalies

Hi,

my problem is as follows: Starting the 737 in [short] panel state leads to the reverse levers being one notch up. After restoring them and starting the engines, the levers are again up and the throttles won't move. Sometimes i am not able to stow one or both levers, neither by F1 command (as long as I press F1 the lever is down, on release it returns into the one notch up position) nor by mouseclick.They always return to one notch up. I have installed the last update and since then even uninstalled and reinstalled the 737. I let P3D build a new prepar3d.cfg. I have deleted all key commands I could think of. No result. I am using FSUIPC (latest version) and LINDA, but the problems remains even when I have them disabled. On other occasions the thrust levers move but there is no change in thrust. And last but not least moving the start-levers to cutoff sometimes doesn't kill the engine. I should mention that I'm very familiar with the 737 from FSX-days but never encountered these effects.

Any ideas?

Regards

Tom

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

8 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

Any ideas?

Hardware, LINDA, or FSUIPC - I nearly guarantee it.

Kyle Rodgers

That would leave hardware, as the problem persists even with FSUIPC and thus LINDA being disabled.

8 hours ago, Tom_L said:

That would leave hardware, as the problem persists even with FSUIPC and thus LINDA being disabled.

If you disconnect your hardware, do you get the same result with just your keyboard?

Hi all,

Same problem at this side. The reversers handles are very sensitive. I have FSUIPC reg. but no LUA. I'm using the PFC 737 with reverser throttle set but unable to use the reverser handles in a correct way with or without FSUIPC. Only the F1 linked on a yoke button give me a "correct" reverser action. If you wanted to stow the reverser there is also a stuttering around the stow position of the reverser levers.

Regards
Jo va Bra

1 hour ago, Jovabra said:

Hi all,

Same problem at this side. The reversers handles are very sensitive. I have FSUIPC reg. but no LUA. I'm using the PFC 737 with reverser throttle set but unable to use the reverser handles in a correct way with or without FSUIPC. Only the F1 linked on a yoke button give me a "correct" reverser action. If you wanted to stow the reverser there is also a stuttering around the stow position of the reverser levers.

Regards
Jo va Bra

Create a null zone for the reverser axis. 

• Upvote 1

PMDG777 thx for your help. I just took the dive below the desk and disabled all USB devices. I also disabled FSUIPC and LINDA, as well as EZCA2. So basically it's just the keybord and P3dv4-  the problem persists. I have ruled out the keyboard already by unplugging it and handling the reversers with the mouse - same problem. I guess it's time for a ticket here.

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

Create a null zone for the reverser axis. 

What do you think?

4 hours ago, Tom_L said:

PMDG777 thx for your help. I just took the dive below the desk and disabled all USB devices. I also disabled FSUIPC and LINDA, as well as EZCA2. So basically it's just the keybord and P3dv4-  the problem persists. I have ruled out the keyboard already by unplugging it and handling the reversers with the mouse - same problem. I guess it's time for a ticket here.

Try creating a new panel state, first. Sounds like it may be a bad (and/or pre P3Dv4) panel state, as I'm reading through the original post again.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

I tried: putting the reverse-levers down, switching one fuelpump switch and lowering the Yoke column - and saved to use as startup-state. After restart of the sim the switch and the column were where I saved them, but the f*ing levers were again one notch up. Before I did an uninstall in v4 and reinstalled into v3 - no difference. I didn't install the 737 in P3Dv3 before. It's a v4-repurchase. There is an old FSX installation though on another HD and the remains of the panelstates are still there.

20 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

I tried: putting the reverse-levers down

To me, this sounds like you let the original panel state load prior to attempting to save over it. That won't work. Delete the panel state first, then load into the sim and create a new one.

Letting the old panel state load is like replacing an oil filter without changing the oil.

Kyle Rodgers

Tom,
1. In cold&dark status check outsite of the reversers are deployed or stowed.
2. If they are deployed start the APU or connect Ground Power and activate de El Hydr. Pumps.
3. The reversers are powered by hydraulic pressure.
4. If you bring the reverser levers in the stow position the reverser are closing and if they are
closed than the reverser levers make a little down movement so they unlock the powerlevers.
5 Reason: this time delay is to be sure that the reverserdoors are completely closed before you move
the throttlevers forward
This is the way i do it and it works now as i wanted

Regards and success
Jo va Bra

Jovabra,

I tried as per your manual. Starting in cold&dark the reversers are stowed. Soon after switching the start levers to "run": tadaaa - the lever of the corresponding enginge switches to one notch up and as described in my OP I have difficulties stowing it. Mostly it takes several attempts to push it downward and sometimes it is even impossible. No flight today... So it seems a little bit different to your problem wich seems relatedt to sensitivity. In my case, some unknown gizmoes on my machine send a signal similar to "F2".

Kyle,

I had "Mystate" as startup state and deleted in in the PMDG directory in P3D (in fact I deleted ALL panelstates) - is that what you meant? Then the plane starts in "default" panel state. Hitting "F2" unstows the reversers, hitting "F1" stows them as long as I press F1. I need several attempts to stow them. So no change.  I have a ticket with PMDG - let's see. For me it's a first in 25 years of simming - that i have no more clue what could cause this strange behaviour. Apart from the reported anomalies everything functions as it should. I can complete every flight -provided i get the reversers stowed and can move the throttles. And after a succesful flight remains the exciting question: will the engines stop running when I cut them off?

Big thanks to both of you

TOM_L

You are right. I checked this in a cold &dark situation. I just check your problem and during the start the
reverser levers go out of there stow postion.
if i make a full reverser cycle after that the reverser levers going into there correct position, with a little delay, an i can advance the throttle levers in the normal way. So it is strange that the reverser levers moving if you start the engines.
Regards

• Upvote 1

I just finished a short flight. Despite some F1/F2 trouble in the beginning (yes - the reverse levers) I could manage to take off and have a beutiful flight. Reaching the gate I turned the engine start levers to "cutoff", the fuel valve lights illuminate (meaning the command was processed), but the engines keep running - no matter what I do. This is crazy! Looking forward to the reactions to my ticket.