Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

FSDreamTeam Hawaiian Airports - Are the Updated for P3D4

21 hours ago, mtrainer said:

The ORBX FTX Global Range openLC North America updates the Hawaiian Island Chain but doesn't do a whole lot for the airports.   But ORBX is a big improvement over the default.

An ORBX "Region" release focusing on the Hawaiian Island Chain is WAY OVERDUE....it astounds me no one has done this region head to toe yet....it's ripe for the taking!   I absolutely love flying these islands....there is a lot of freeware stuff out there and also plenty of photoreal scenery, but it all felt kludged and I want something that is all inclusive.  I'd pay more for this region than any other I've purchased so far if it was done right.  

Mark Trainer

+1

Yeah, with openLC NA the islands look pretty good.  And yeah I'd buy both Hawaiian packs just to have those airports again.  I recently took a B736 in BBJ colors on a tour of the islands and it was great fun.

Dan Downs KCRP

This is an old topic but still, who cares about Orbx landclass or any landclass scenery for that matter these days? There is a superb photoreal freeware project covering all islands with seasonal variation and autogen. Even Orbx now understand photoreal is the future with its True Earth range.

mike

3 hours ago, mikced76 said:

This is an old topic but still, who cares about Orbx landclass or any landclass scenery for that matter these days? There is a superb photoreal freeware project covering all islands with seasonal variation and autogen. Even Orbx now understand photoreal is the future with its True Earth range.

mike

Where is this package?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

3 hours ago, mikced76 said:

who cares about Orbx landclass or any landclass scenery for that matter these days?

I do! I hate photoreal scenery. 😀

• Like 2

hawaii-photoreal com

IT's truly astonishing quality and they have added autogen recently. Make sure you donate so you get the plus version.

Also you can add several other airports (quality freeware) within the main islands that aren't covered by FSDT.

• Like 1

Santiago de Larminat

Are the airports better than the FSDT stuff? I see they have PHNL PHOG.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

This is exactly what I use. These photo scenery packages and FSDT airports along with a few others not FSDT.

Its a beautiful thing, no need for Orbx anything.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Rafal, there were people that protested and complained when the black and white TV was replaced by color and some called Internet a temporary thing that would not last long :) I am happy Orbx has realised that  it is something of the past to fly over ”fake repeating landscape” with their  fantastic ”True Earth” range of products. I look forward to The UK.

mike

1 hour ago, mikced76 said:

I am happy Orbx has realised that  it is something of the past to fly over ”fake repeating landscape”

Mike, all about the sim is 'fake' - no real plane, no real clouds or rain to get wet, no real people (even GSXL2 won't change it).
But there is still the question of preference and what you like and what you don't. It, fortunately, is not that we all are clones of each other. 😉

Isn't the Plus package available for XP11 only? 

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 hour ago, kaha said:

Isn't the Plus package available for XP11 only? 

Nope. I am running P3D v4.4 and plus runs great. Their photoscenery is superb without the ORBX overhead.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Thx!

So you don't have ORBX installed, or you do and did deactivate parts of it?

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5