Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

FSDreamTeam Hawaiian Airports - Are the Updated for P3D4

Can someone tell me if the Hawaiian airports have been updated for P3D4?  I tried the newest installers and they do not list P3D4, yet on several sites I see folks saying that they are updated?

If they are updated, can someone advise me on how the heck to get them installed? I posted on the FSDreamTeam forum for these airports last week and haven't heard boo from anyone so its starting to tick me off.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

They have replied over on the FSDream Forum Bryan.

If it's any help I'm running them in v4 without any problems.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

I see that thank you.

I'm not sure why personalities become so fractious. I have had better treatment.

They mounted a huge defence that their install could not corrupt the scenery.cfg file. So be it. But it did. After using their launcher, if finished and I launched P3D and it would not read the sceneries, none of them, so I shut down P3D via the task manager. The scenery.cfg was totally corrupted.

[General]਍]
Title=Prepar3D Scenery਍ഀ
Description=Prepar3D Scenery Areas Data਍ഀ
Clean_on_Exit=TRUE਍ഀ

[Area.001]
Title=Default Terrain਍ഀ
Texture_ID=1਍ഀ
Local=Scenery\World਍ഀ
Active=TRUE਍ഀ
Required=TRUE਍ഀ
Layer=1

[Area.002]
Title=Default Scenery਍ഀ
Local=Scenery\BASE਍ഀ
Active=TRUE਍ഀ
Required=TRUE਍ഀ
Layer=2

[Area.003]
Title=0000 Base਍ഀ
Local=Scenery\0000਍ഀ
Active=TRUE਍ഀ
Required=FALSE਍ഀ
Layer=3

ETC...so I then edited out each of these weird symbols and it fixed the file and it works nicely now again.

Anyway not to rant on. But we are having a bit of a peeing match over there as they defend themselves instead of focusing on how to fix my issues. 

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Removed political references
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Near CAM3

45 minutes ago, BrianT said:

They have replied over on the FSDream Forum Bryan.

If it's any help I'm running them in v4 without any problems.

And again thanks.

I am part way there.  Just not all the scenery is showing, lots of black boxes.

Do you happen to know how to uninstall I can't see where the addon manager will let me do that nor can I find an uninstall file?

Near CAM3

Hi.  If they told you their new installers cannot possibly corrupt your scenery config they are 100 percent correct.  Their new installers use the new addon procedure favored by LM and do not write anything to your scenery config at all.  so, if you have any entries for these sceneries in scenery config you are not running their new installer, but possibly an older version for v3 or fsx.  this would also explain the other problems.  hopefully they can help you uninstall it, since i don't have any older versions installed on my rig.  after they do, go to their site and download and run the new installers.  

Their installers don't touch the scenery.cfg for V4 at all, so it couldn't have been that. Sounds like you did something wrong along the way, did you let the installer finish and then as with many addons reboot the pc before firing up the sim next?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

17 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Their installers don't touch the scenery.cfg for V4 at all, so it couldn't have been that. Sounds like you did something wrong along the way, did you let the installer finish and then as with many addons reboot the pc before firing up the sim next?

All I can say is this: and I've been in the "business" for decades. I get that they don't normally affect the scenery.cfg.

The installer finished...it didn't seem right as it just asked me what sim I wanted to install it, there was no P3D4. Perhaps I had the wrong installer and that was the issue.

But regardless, it finished. I fired up the sim, it immediately started to say that I was missing scenery layer (started with default stuff), I immediately came scared something was wrong. I used the task manager to shut down P3D.

I immediately went to the scenery.cfg to see what was up and I found the above weird entries.

Its as simple as that, I am not blaming anyone or whatever, but something happened during that installation that screwed up.

I did not reboot the PC before firing up the sim. This was my first install that went into the addons section other than the GTN.

So, i went and downloaded the Addon Manager, installed it, and tried a reinstall, and this time it worked.

ps.- I then had to spend a bloody hour making it work with my setup, as there are file conflicts with Orbx Global (several files needed to be XXX out) and the AEC didn't do the job with one file it should have XXX out to fix elevation issue.  Perhaps the AEC doesn't work properly with files installed via xml addons.

Bryan

1 hour ago, Midnight Music said:

Do the new V4 installers still use Couatl?

Yes they do! Its all a pain in the butt quite frankly. Too complex.

Near CAM3

Were the installers freshly downloaded from FSDT?

18 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

All I can say is this: and I've been in the "business" for decades. I get that they don't normally affect the scenery.cfg.

Hey I totally hear you and I have as well, but we all can make simple mistakes. I too got confused when the addon manager wanted to install to my C:\ drive not knowing what it was going to lead to. So I uninstalled it and put it where I wanted the scenery to go and it's been fine since.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I've just downloaded the installers to check and yes they do give you the option to install into P3Dv4.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

9 hours ago, BrianT said:

I've just downloaded the installers to check and yes they do give you the option to install into P3Dv4.

Yes they do. For some reason the first attempt by me failed. And perhaps I screwed up.

I do know this by installed the new Addon Manager separately, and first, everything worked as it should after that.

Near CAM3

How are these sceneries in V4? Aside from aggravating Couatl stuff, like pauses on approach, do the aircraft wheels still sink into the tarmac?

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

3 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

do the aircraft wheels still sink into the tarmac?

The sceneries look the same.  I still enjoy flying to the islands so I put up with that stuff... and it's just because they are old and are using FS2002 technology to render surface textures to prevent flickering and flashing on and off.  They didn't have many alternatives back then.  P3Dv3 introduced new tools in the 3DSMax materials editor to take care of this z-bias problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Are these airports worth purchasing at this point in time? They were released some time ago and their age will probably show in P3Dv4.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

The ORBX FTX Global Range openLC North America updates the Hawaiian Island Chain but doesn't do a whole lot for the airports.   But ORBX is a big improvement over the default.

An ORBX "Region" release focusing on the Hawaiian Island Chain is WAY OVERDUE....it astounds me no one has done this region head to toe yet....it's ripe for the taking!   I absolutely love flying these islands....there is a lot of freeware stuff out there and also plenty of photoreal scenery, but it all felt kludged and I want something that is all inclusive.  I'd pay more for this region than any other I've purchased so far if it was done right.  

Mark Trainer

• Upvote 2