Sign in to follow this  
twister1853

Request for Iris Pilatus PC-9/A FSX 2015 Edition Tutorial/Autopilot info

I have this Australian trainer aircraft (IRIS Pilatus PC-9/A) in FSX but am unable to find a suitable brief manual showing how to fly the aircraft in autopilot.  It may be that a simplfied manual, together with autopilot is not available.  Can anyone help?

Charlie, No this does not help me. It is a 246 page flight simulation manual, much too complicated for me.  There does not seem to any mention of an autopilot.  So I wonder is there no autopilot?

If you are unsure about this aircraft having an autopilot function, you can check the aircraft.cfg

for a section labeled [Autopilot] and also you can sit in the cockpit with the battery on and press

the Z key twice.  If you hear a beeping sound, that indicates the autopilot off signal.  I'm down-

loading an IRIS Pilatus PC-9 freeware version to look at the control panel.

Looks like there is a Trojan in the Rikooo download.  Not going to use it!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 hours ago, twister1853 said:

There does not seem to any mention of an autopilot.

There is no autopilot in the cockpit, but there is an autopilot section in the aircraft.cfg so it will respond to the default AP key presses.

Reading the (very) extensive manual is essential really to get the most out of the addon.

Definitely study level espesially the radios and nav equipment.

53 minutes ago, charliearon said:

loading an IRIS Pilatus PC-9 freeware version to look at the control panel.

The freeware version is not the same, it is much simplified compared to the later PC9/A

5 minutes ago, Glynn said:

There is no autopilot in the cockpit, but there is an autopilot section in the aircraft.cfg so it will respond to the default AP key presses.

Reading the (very) extensive manual is essential really to get the most out of the addon.

Definitely study level especially the radios and nav equipment.

+1  That's what I agree on also!  I figured since it was a training aircraft you are to learn to fly

manually and not rely on an autopilot.

A/P on/off  Z key

Alt Hold  Ctrl+Z

Heading hold Ctrl+H

APPR Ctrl+A

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: