Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Best airports in XP11

Started to play around with XP11 a couple of weeks ago and so far I've only used the default airports but now I figured time has come to get some really good airport scenery and wanted to ask what airports you guys recommend? I'm interested in both freeware as well as payware but I do prefer airports that are designed for XP11 or will at least work in XP11 without any issues.

I will be flying the Bombardier Challenger 300 and I mainly do my flying in Europe so that's the area I'm most interested in but might be interested in really good airports also in other areas.

My home airport is ESSA so would have been great to find some good ESSA scenery like the Orbx version for FSX and P3D but so far I've only found some rather old scenery which also seems to come with some issues. So if there is some other ESSA scenery I didn't find I would be more than happy to learn about it.

TIA for your input!

Richard Åsberg

Thanks, that's a great source of information for me to check out!

Another airport if interest would be Gibraltar with its very scenic approach. Will try to find some scenery for that one as well.

Richard Åsberg

The new default KLAS is pretty great since the last update together with the new landmarks. You should check out the incredible MisterX sceneries on the x-plane.org download section. Also download the HD runway textures whilst there...a nice enhancement to all your airports.

the best airport currently imho is  KSLC payware by misterx6 company ShortFinal

He does have a few freeware airports that are pretty much must have for every x-plane user.  Get those and you be suprised what is possible in x-plane ;)

Not so much in Europe but...

The best I have visually is the FlyTampa Dubai (FS9 conversion) which I did for X-Plane. It looks absolutely stunning. So too does Paulo Ricardo's Mega Rio De Janeiro. It converts really easily in less than 5 minutes and gives you buildings and a skyline as far as you can see. Both are jaw-droppingly good.

I really like the recent Dallas KDFW payware. Also any of the MisterX's airports are great. Another good free airport is RCSS over at the XP forum.

I do not fly much in Europe, but TDG's airports are decent (some very good) - again all free over at the XP forum.

Whatever you download make sure you also download all of the libraries it asks for. Otherwise you will get error messages all of the time.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:50 AM, alpha12125 said:

the best airport currently imho is  KSLC payware by misterx6 company ShortFinal

He does have a few freeware airports that are pretty much must have for every x-plane user.  Get those and you be suprised what is possible in x-plane ;)

+1 for ShortFinal.  Justin's airports are amongst the best for  X-Plane 11! 

Am looking forward to KABQ.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

For payware the new KLAX v2 and KSLC...free KBOS, KPHX anything Misterx.

Justsim stuff is good to. 

Id you simply google xplane plus the icao code you should see plenty there is tons of freeware in xp.

Darren Howie

EFVA is a great one. I believe it was a payware, but now it's released as freeware. Great for a trip with Challenger 300 from ESSA!

7700K, RTX 2070S, 16 GB RAM, WQHD monitor

Sorry but not that great, IMHO. Interesting products, many thanks to the creators for the efforts and hard work, but looking at ground textures, 3D grass, handcrafted textures on buildings, etc. all that things that are visible from a cockpit POV... there is a great potential to exploit and developers are able to match the gap with P3D products and offer what X-Plane users deserve...

Fred

1 hour ago, Fred Moralto said:

Sorry but not that great, IMHO

Are you referring to any particular product/scenery of those mentioned above or more in general including everything in here?

Richard Åsberg

5 hours ago, Fred Moralto said:

Sorry but not that great, IMHO. Interesting products, many thanks to the creators for the efforts and hard work, but looking at ground textures, 3D grass, handcrafted textures on buildings, etc. all that things that are visible from a cockpit POV... there is a great potential to exploit and developers are able to match the gap with P3D products and offer what X-Plane users deserve...

Fred

what airports are you basing your oppinion on ? the stock lego ones ? i mean with those i can agree but they are hardly payware comparison

6PhvyuAnD0DYa9joK_USsp3aTVP9shIBkUSz2NDa

look at this picture and tell me what is here worse compared to an fsx/p3d payware airport ?7XOQ6yOoIIA6VrDUHRyct1LhBNIiTpvxmwkxxVgG

for me this is comparable to the best of the p3d/fsx airports, even surpassing them because we haven seen a p3d airport purely developed for V4 yet without the constraints.

• Upvote 1

I mean that flightbeam, taxi2gate, fsdreamteam, flytampa, etc. top quality sceneries... but agree it is totally subjective.

I use both P3D and XP11 and a bit frustrated the real capacity of the last one is not yet fully unveiled (as it is already for the aircrafts - e.g. IXEG 737 Classic... what a bird !). At the same time I am really confident we are on the right way, the gap quality of paywares is closing more and more. I own a couple of masterpieces I consider good examples of what can be done for each XP airport scenery, the 29Palms KTNP or Beti-X CZST, just to name a few... to illustrate my mind. Look for instance this Aerobridge VHHH... hope it will see the light of the day very soon, looks very promising... some other where also announced, like this T2G conversion of MMMX, but no more news... Once again I wish the developers to keep the momentum and to deliver... they all have my full support. Have a nice day.

• Upvote 1

Without wanting to go off topic, I dont know why more of the big scenery devs don't convert airports from P3D to XP and expand their market.

I mean I have limited (if any) tech knowledge or prior experience, but managed to convert a FlyTampa airport from FSX to XP11 in the matter of a few hours by watching a series of three 20 minute YouTube videos. The texturing and lighting look far superior in the XP versions.

If I can do it, I am sure a dev at FlyTampa could probably do their entire catalog of scenery and get it done and uploaded on the website for sale within a 40 hour work week. Then charge $20-25 an airport.

• Upvote 2

Very interesting and even more interesting would it be to see their reply if you would post the same thing in their own forums.

Richard Åsberg

I'd rather hope they didn't go down the lazy route of just running FS2XPlane and calling it done. Any one converting scenery to X-Plane should do it properly, using the original 3D model source and making use of XP features and not just do a lazy low quality conversion in the hope of earning a few extra $$$ which is what many are in the habit of now doing.

• Upvote 1