Sign in to follow this  
Sundancer

Upgrading PMDG 737NGX - FSX

Hi all,

I have a few questions about the upgrade to the new PMDG 737 NGX - FSX Version 1.20.8413 but can't find the answer in the README file.

I am running FSX on a Win7 (64) system. (no internal simulator shifts, no registry problems)

My installed version is 1.10.6461 (november 2015) and now I want to upgrade to the new version 1.20.8413

Downloaded via Aerosoft Updates, entered Serial Key, everything is OK.

My questions are:

1) Can I run the Installer directly or do I first have to uninstall the old version 1.10.6461 with Win7 remove software functionality ? 

2) And in case of uninstalling first, do I loose my PMDG SETUP settings as specified in the FMC (in that case I have to save them) ?

3) Do I loose my downloaded liveries?

Thanks in advance,

Regards Fred Veldkamp

I believe you have to do what I have just done for my 777:

1- uninstall as per your suggested method.

2- I did not loose my settings as specified in my FMC

3- I did not loose my downloaded liveries. The OC should offer you a livery repair if required.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

In short, Yes, No, No. 

Just make sure you run the operations centre after installing and choose to repair your liveries and the OC will handle it all for you. 

Thank you for your responses !

The first 'Yes' from Chris (PMDG777) is not quite clear to me, perhaps I misformulated my first question.

I'll follow Ricks ('wanabflyer') advice to perform first an uninstall.

Thereafter I will run the Operations Center for finalization.

Best regards,

Fred Veldkamp

4 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Thank you for your responses !

The first 'Yes' from Chris (PMDG777) is not quite clear to me, perhaps I misformulated my first question.

I'll follow Ricks ('wanabflyer') advice to perform first an uninstall.

Thereafter I will run the Operations Center for finalization.

Best regards,

Fred Veldkamp

Apologies, it was a yes to you have to uninstall then reinstall.

Hi,

Holidays etc, kept the status for the abovementioned installation action still to 'To Be Done...Later....', and now I picked it up again.

Nevertheless I ran into a few more questions which makes me a bit afraid for doing so.

1) Aerosoft-updates says there is a zipfile for v1.20.8413, but PMDG OC tells me there is a version available V1.20.8443  ??? Is this the minor update installed by OC itself ?

2) In the file C:\...\Roaming\PMDG\PMDG Operations Center\Product Updates\UpdateInstructions37.txt the following instructions are written:

1. Visit Aerosoft...etc....

2. Select "PMDG - 737-8900 NGX"  from the product drop down list.........., which is incorrect.

The only two available options are: PMDG - 737 NG 800/900 and PMDG - 737 NGX FSX

3. Further down in this UpdateInstructions737.txt document is written: 

"Make sure you have your desired P3D environment set up........" and "Run the new installer, if you have a side-by-side P3D....." etc.

which gives me the impression that this UpdateInstructions737.txt document is written for P3D only.

4. I am running FSX on a W7 OS and my current version of the PMDG 737 NGX is V 1.10.6461.

I have no intention at all to migrate to P3D. I am really confused which steps I have to take for this update and if it is useful for me to upgrade at all. 

The NGX Geek Out Fun Facts.txt (strange name for a document describing the changes?) doesn't give me information about bug fixes and that I really need to upgrade.

I hope someone will clarify this all to me. To me it gives me the impression, but I hope I am wrong, that it is no so very accurate.

Sorry to say that, but that is the impression I have (I am not an English native speaker, maybe that confuses me a bit)

Best regards

Fred Veldkamp

Download NGX for FSX.  Uninstall NGX you currently have.  Install new NGX installer (do not install new over old).  Run OC and check for updates and livery repairs.

If you got the wrong installer from Aerosoft (if you got one for P3D), then that will not install to FSX.  If the installer you have does install to FSX then you have the correct installer.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'll give it a try tomorrow Dan. Thanks for clarification!

No list of bugfixes available for this upgrade?

Regards

Fred Veldkamp 

Dan, are you saying that through Aerosoft only an installer is extracted, not the 737 itself?

And by rerunning OC the latest 737 NGX 800 ( in my case) is installed......interesting.

Fred Veldkamp