Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

So I Had An Almighty Wow Moment....

So I finally bought FSW this evening and whilst I agree it needs tons of improvement and work to be done, for the first time ever in a simulator I can honestly say I felt like I was flying above real clouds. I was running the sim in 4K and over the Colorado Rockies and was blown away by the lighting of the clouds and the level volume they had. Pretty awesome stuff if DTG can continue to quickly build on it. Here is what I witnessed...(ignore the terrible landing...I just wanted to show the graphics and turn off 4K recording to save my disk space so ended the flight as quick as possible with an insane landing :))

• Upvote 2

Nice share.  Thanks.

I think FSW has a ton of promise to be a contender in both the introductory/training sim space, and as an entertaining serious sim.  

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

43 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

So I finally bought FSW this evening and whilst I agree it needs tons of improvement and work to be done, for the first time ever in a simulator I can honestly say I felt like I was flying above real clouds. I was running the sim in 4K and over the Colorado Rockies and was blown away by the lighting of the clouds and the level volume they had. Pretty awesome stuff if DTG can continue to quickly build on it. Here is what I witnessed...(ignore the terrible landing...I just wanted to show the graphics and turn off 4K recording to save my disk space so ended the flight as quick as possible with an insane landing :))

Where is this place please ?

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

That would have been one of my better landings :ha:

Brave to try it in those conditions too. Thanks for sharing.

8 hours ago, AOB said:

That would have been one of my better landings :ha:

Brave to try it in those conditions too. Thanks for sharing.

Haha...one of the major bugs of the TrueSKY implementation is that when a cloud or fog covers the airport, you cannot at all see the runway until you are literally on top of it. So I was flying blind using the GPS to guide me:laugh:

7 hours ago, steve310002 said:

Haha...one of the major bugs of the TrueSKY implementation is that when a cloud or fog covers the airport, you cannot at all see the runway until you are literally on top of it. So I was flying blind using the GPS to guide me:laugh:

Sounds like a good foundation for CAT III ILS approaches when FSW goes final and we get more advanced aircraft addons. :biggrin:

@steve310002 - Remind me never to lend you the keys to my Malibu! :biggrin:   Great video, FSW looking good.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

30 minutes ago, JYW said:

@steve310002 - Remind me never to lend you the keys to my Malibu! :biggrin:   Great video, FSW looking good.

I was just testing the integrity of the airframe :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Did you get all the updates and TrueSky, when you downloaded the FSW program?  Or, do you have to add all updates manually?

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Did you get all the updates and TrueSky, when you downloaded the FSW program?  Or, do you have to add all updates manually?

All updates are auto installed when you start steam.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

All updates are auto installed when you start steam.

Ray Fry.

Thanks...so I take it my current installation is totally up to date. Good stuff...and thank you for the response.  Having a blast tweaking and twacking...and flying in some REAL nasty weather, touch and go's....again, having a blast! ATC is not happy with me....LOLOLOLOL!

Mitch

I watched  the pro mission stream on twitch and Criss said there's an FSW update coming this week no clue as to what !.

Ray Fry. 

Raymond Fry.

44 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I watched  the pro mission stream on twitch and Criss said there's an FSW update coming this week no clue as to what !.

Ray Fry. 

Probably minor fixes. Nothing big.

I did spy the dev doing the pro mission video an SDK folder in his sim, I suspect myself that it will be tweaks and fixes in the update but they may surprise us again.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

57 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I did spy the dev doing the pro mission video an SDK folder in his sim, I suspect myself that it will be tweaks and fixes in the update but they may surprise us again.

Ray Fry.

What did you see? Just a SDK folder? I mean, they have an SDK since the beggining, but it´s not public, to me this SDK folder doesn´t mean much.

Anyways, I would be really happy if they deliver more than minor fixes.