Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

So I Had An Almighty Wow Moment....

Glad you've discovered how nice FSW is. As I said when they stuck trueSkies in there last week, the clouds in FSW are really amazing and set it apart from other sims even in their early state. For anyone who's not checked them out, here's a quick vid I made of how good they can look...

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Wow!  Clouds and snow depiction looks so much better than what was in FSX. 

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

2 hours ago, stans said:

Yes they look great if you are at the right angle such as in the video or the ones I have made. Mind blowing in fact compared to what we are used to. However, much work is needed to perfect how they interact with the scenery, lighting, level of pixelation and their funky dynamic movement up close. For what you pay, it is a worthwhile investment to see what is possible and also to see it evolve as well support it's continuing development. A game-changing start though if we keep in mind this is early access. If you are on the fence, just buy it! I for one am happy to use this together with X-Plane 11 especially if I want to fly GA in winter or to see the cool weather effects. Or simply just to be part of this new exciting development. For the low early access price, you cannot really go wrong.

3 hours ago, stans said:

The advanced weather for snow, is really really good! Recommend checking it out if your PC can handle it! 

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

11 hours ago, stans said:

The snow and rain, are truly real-life-like in appearance and behavior. The best I have seen from any sim.  Alone, these two flight scenarios, is worth the total asking price of the sim. In other words, this sim will add two real-life virtual experiences that you will NOT find in FSX and FSX-SE, P3D(x), XP(x)...

This flight experience is unique to FSW.  I am so glad that I decided to dip my toes...

• Upvote 1

On 8/9/2017 at 2:42 AM, steve310002 said:

Haha...one of the major bugs of the TrueSKY implementation is that when a cloud or fog covers the airport, you cannot at all see the runway until you are literally on top of it. So I was flying blind using the GPS to guide me:laugh:

This was fixed in Update 9.

20 hours ago, DTG_Cryss said:

The advanced weather for snow, is really really good! Recommend checking it out if your PC can handle it! 

And therein lies the rub.  My old PC is 32-bit XP with a DX-10 video card.  I'm still watching the development of FSX and P3Dv4 as my next PC will certainly be capable of running either sim.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.