Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

Crash on approach to ATL in P3Dv4

So as the title states I keep getting this crash on approach to ATL.  I've tried this flight now twice and can duplicate it.  Im running ORBX, Base, vector and North America with the 737 NGX latest version.  Not really sure whats going here as this is the default ATL scenery.   I'm also not anywhere near the airport when it crashes.  usually descending towards the airport about 150 miles out. Are there any particular logs I can search to see what the issue was? I was approaching on the VYPPR1 and nearing JAZSZ when the crash occurs.  If I load a flight near ATL I don't have a crash.  So strange.

Edit: Trying the CTD Guide.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

This is the crash log generated: 

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          8/8/2017 7:47:06 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Chris-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.447, time stamp: 0xa329d3a8
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f775f
Faulting process id: 0x22c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d310926514e436
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 9892a48a-3158-471c-8c22-76d27b2f894a
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-08-08T23:47:06.308109200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>17740</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Chris-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>4.0.28.21686</Data>
    <Data>594a7255</Data>
    <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.15063.447</Data>
    <Data>a329d3a8</Data>
    <Data>c0000374</Data>
    <Data>00000000000f775f</Data>
    <Data>22c8</Data>
    <Data>01d310926514e436</Data>
    <Data>D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>9892a48a-3158-471c-8c22-76d27b2f894a</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Try doing a (google) search for: ntdll (which appears to be the faulting module).

You may find an answer there.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Ha!  Literally just did that.  It seems reinstalling IE 11 has a chance to correct which I've just done. It just sucks this take nearly an hour flight to reproduce.  I've also rebuilt shaders just to be thorough.  Thanks for the tip!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Hope you get it sorted. Stuff like this can be very frustrating.

Cheers :)

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides solutions to the NTDLL error.  See link in my signature or in the right column of the forums under Hot Spots.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

11 hours ago, speedyTC said:

Try doing a (google) search for: ntdll (which appears to be the faulting module).

You may find an answer there.

Thanks for your help but, at AVSIM, we do not send our members to Google to search for a solution.  We do the searching for them or suggest reading the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

"Faulting module name: ntdll.dll" probably means you have a background program running, that is interfering.

Chances are there is nothing wrong with the ntdll.dll file.  From what I understand, it takes the blame for the crash, but it is just the messenger between P3D and Windows.

It could be an out of date driver or some other new program that you have installed that was not made well or was corrupted when it was downloaded and installed.

Hello Chris,

Did you update FTX Central to v3.2.2.2  (Object Flow) ? Did you see this message ?

If so this is possible due to the Beta Object Flow update

You can create a bug report by following the Object Flow Bug Report Template

Then create your Topic Here and Included all the details from the Template 

*EDIT*

I see you were no were near any Airports so more then likely this is not your Issue 

Thanks for all the help everyone!  So it seems to have cleared after some research pointing to reinstalling IE to get the ntdll reinstalled.  Although I did that and cleared shaders (for good measure) at the same time.  I reran the flight between IAH and ATL without issue.  

5 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello Chris,

Did you update FTX Central to v3.2.2.2  (Object Flow) ? Did you see this message ?

If so this is possible due to the Beta Object Flow update

You can create a bug report by following the Object Flow Bug Report Template

Then create your Topic Here and Included all the details from the Template 

I don't recall the last time I touched FTX Central.  I could double check to see which version I'm on when I get home.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Elaine, Looks like I'm on 3.2.1.1 for FTX Central.  It also tells me there's an FTX Global base upgrade - should I steer clear?  I may do a few more flights at this point to make sure its fixed before introducing any other changes.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Okay - that was short lived.  Same crash again minutes after takeoff out of ATL. :(  I just tried updating FTX Global base and see if there's a change.  The only thing that changed recently was I purchased openLC NA from Orbx.  Other than that its been a pretty stable sim.  Im pretty sure I had flights after purchasing that which had no issues as well.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Figured I'd report back again - updated Global base, no change.  The flight did last a bit longer though.  This is going to be quite frustrating I can see.

EDIT: Here's the attack plan.  Im thinking back to everything I've changed recently.  I installed Traffic 3D and the NGX immersion pack.  I've removed the NGX immersion pack so far with no change so now is Traffic 3d.  Everything I keep reading this particular crash is either sound or video related.  Hopefully it's one of these.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

The ntdll is not related to sound or video unless the drivers are out of date or corrupted.  The ntdll is part of Windows.  In my case, all it took was a bad object in the scenery.  Or an AI that had no flight plan.  Once it was a bad overclock even after I ran several stress tests and they all passed.  The latest ntdll error came because I had trafficmil.bgl enabled in MyTrafficX.  I disabled as recommended by hundreds of other members and the ntdll crashes stopped.  I do not know why you and others are bent on an issue with Orbx although the objectflow module that is loaded via the dll.xml caused an ntdll.dll but the module was set up to tell me that the module was not compatible with P3Dv3.2 or maybe it was 3.4.  They updated the module when I started it again later and all went well after that.  Anytime you use a beta, you are asking for problems (but someone has to do it to help find the bugs). 

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM

35 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

The ntdll is not related to sound or video unless the drivers are out of date or corrupted.  The ntdll is part of Windows.  In my case, all it took was a bad object in the scenery.  Or an AI that had no flight plan.  Once it was a bad overclock even after I ran several stress tests and they all passed.  The latest ntdll error came because I had trafficmil.bgl enabled in MyTrafficX.  I disabled as recommended by hundreds of other members and the ntdll crashes stopped.  I do not know why you and others are bent on an issue with Orbx although the objectflow module that is loaded via the dll.xml caused an ntdll.dll but the module was set up to tell me that the module was not compatible with P3Dv3.2 or maybe it was 3.4.  They updated the module when I started it again later and all went well after that.  Anytime you use a beta, you are asking for problems (but someone has to do it to help find the bugs). 

Ha!  What I bolded above!  I could NOT get out of the ATL area until disabling.  Funny thing is, I've never had that issue before in v3 which from everything I've read, should affect both versions.  Oh well, it seems like its resolved.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS