Sign in to follow this  
haseen

Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100 Upgrade.

Dear:

Is someone going to upgrade DA Fokker 70/100 for fsx, fsx-se and p3dv4? Its my first add on for fsx sp2 back in 2009. I still use it and love it. Recently Aerosoft completed the DA CRJ 700 900 X. Hope someone could work on Fokker 100/70.

Regards,

Haseen.

I was just thinking the same thoughts myself yesterday after doing my first few flights in the DIgital Aviation/Aerosoft CRJ. They have certainly done a great job on the CRJ and if they could apply the same skills to an upgraded version of the iconic Fokker 70/100 that would be wonderful and very welcome (as long as it doesn't take as long to appear as the CRJ!).

Bill

• Upvote 1

I'd love Flight1 to do something about SafeDisc protection in Windows 10. DA Fokker relies on SafeDisc as software protection measure. However MS has discontinued support for SafeDisc because it introduces security vulnerability to the system. That's why many old games won't work there. Unless you find some no-disc patch or crack:) Which is something I don't want to do:)

Besides that DA Fokker is an excellent product, even without VC,

Won't happen. Hans has already stated that at the Aerosoft forums, when someone posted the same questions/requests... 

Can't remember the exact reason, but I think it was something to do with that Digital Aviation doesn't exists anymore and Hans is the only one left, who's still actively developing addons.

Also, the code is so old now, that a complete rewrite would be more likely... 

Sorry for being the buzz-kill, people!

EDIT: Found the post from Hans here.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

If you have sources, and probably Flight1 has, switching off the SafeDisc protection is a simple thing. This is what I'm pretty sure as developer.

The more complex thing is to replace it with alternative. And that would probably require some development and testing.

It's unfortunate that official support forum has been closed and noone can post anything there. Although Flight1 are still selling the product. In my opinion this is not the best attitude towards the customer. So, one good tip, before buying the product is checking out support forums:)

But anyways, it's great that they were able to bring CRJ to the finish. Comparing what was initially planned with current list of features I can see that they had to exclude some of very interesting items. E.g. complex FMC, flight systems etc. But it's still better than nothing. It would bring them some money. And that is good. Not everyone wants to fly as-real-as-it gets:)