Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 for v4. Any news?

Last I heard, they were going to continue working on the Q400 Training version as scheduled and after its release for v3 they'll start looking into porting all the versions over to v4. Stock up on necessities... you're going be waiting a long long time. We all are. 

41 minutes ago, krazyk said:

Last I heard, they were going to continue working on the Q400 Training version as scheduled and after its release for v3 they'll start looking into porting all the versions over to v4. Stock up on necessities... you're going be waiting a long long time. We all are. 

I don't think it will be that long.  According to what they say in the forum, they are working on it and it is coming along.

As much work as they are putting into it, I assume it probably will result in some added costs to pick it up for P3Dv4.

1 hour ago, FSXtreme said:

I don't think it will be that long.  According to what they say in the forum, they are working on it and it is coming along.

As much work as they are putting into it, I assume it probably will result in some added costs to pick it up for P3Dv4.

I sure hope you're right, Robert. When your favourite aircraft is missing from the sim, the wait seems magnified. The work Majestic puts in their aircraft is clearly evident in its system fidelity and performance so I'm happy to pay a reasonable upgrade fee. 

I'm banking on Majestic being smart and realizing they might not want to sink all their time into the training version that nobody will end up buying because they've all switched to p3dv4.  Thinking the v4 update will be first.  Either way, these guys are known for quality and very much not speed, so it will still be a while.

Patiently waiting here as well. P3dv4 seems so empty without the Q400. I am looking forward to the training edition, and the extra niceties that come with it.

1 hour ago, ShawnG said:

I'm banking on Majestic being smart and realizing they might not want to sink all their time into the training version that nobody will end up buying because they've all switched to p3dv4.  Thinking the v4 update will be first.  Either way, these guys are known for quality and very much not speed, so it will still be a while.

Do you know something that we are unaware of regarding the TRAINING Edition :cool: .  At the end of the day the TRAINING Edition is going to have to be compatible with Prepar3D v4, for which the TRAINING is just about complete.....it has been internally tested (for the most part) plus/minus some changes that may need to be made - and will then be pushed to the beta group when the v4 rewrite is complete.

Cheers

• Upvote 2

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Paid update/Free update? Didn't see if it was asked already.

Thanks.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Just now, Nuno Pinto said:

Paid update/Free update? Didn't see if it was asked already.

Thanks.

That will be announced when the release announcement is made official.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Thank you Simeon.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

6 hours ago, crosswind said:

Do you know something that we are unaware of regarding the TRAINING Edition :cool: .  At the end of the day the TRAINING Edition is going to have to be compatible with Prepar3D v4, for which the TRAINING is just about complete.....it has been internally tested (for the most part) plus/minus some changes that may need to be made - and will then be pushed to the beta group when the v4 rewrite is complete.

Cheers

No not at all, I was just responding to a poster above me who was saying you were going to finish that before doing any porting to p3dv4 at all, which I didnt think would have been a sound decision.  I was just assuming you werent going to do that, which you seem to confirm with your post.  All good!  Good luck on the updates! 

I read the same types of questions when watching streamers on youtube and twitch every single day.  (When is the Aerosoft Airbus coming to v4?? When is the QW 787 coming out??) In the time it takes someone to post this question they could have found the answer on their own. Is it attention that people want by asking a question? Do they like to feel helpless? I do not understand the reasoning behind it.

• Upvote 2

they could have found the answer to those particular questions?  Other than "its done when its done"?   People want their stuff, developers know its not in their best interest to give dates.  It is what it is.  It's not hard to understand though.  And nobody is harmed by someone asking for information.

• Upvote 2