Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 for v4. Any news?

OK .....let's get some thing clear before this turns into a bashment saga...of which I will not condone as it is not necessary.

I normally will not respond to questions asking about the status of the Q400 and Prepar3D v4 simply because I have made "official" statements on both the Majestic Software forum and the Majestic Software Q400 Facebook page.  I will, however, interject when verbiage is added or assumptions straying from what was stated becomes apart of the discussion, as that then leads to speculation and then it goes downhill from there.

29 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

People want their stuff, developers know its not in their best interest to give dates.

Agreed, MJC will not give dates....never have and never will - until we are satisfied with the product.  That being said, this statement "People want their stuff" - Bear in mind that we have already given "People their stuff" - since the Q400 was originally developed for FSX, not P3D.

We decided to have a look at the Prepar3D v2.x platform and make it compatible at no charge and did the same for v 3.x.  Now if MJC chose not carry on to the v4.x platform, we would not owe anyone anything as the platform for which the aircraft was intended was signed, sealed and delivered.  That being said, of course, it would be a retarded move to not move forward with the new platform, not because other developers are doing so, but it is certainly the way forward, and more than likely will become the MAIN platform putting FSX and previous versions of P3D to bed.

We are just as excited about getting the Q400 ready for the new platform, and it will be good to see what additional features we may be able to add, "if we choose to go that route".  the main thing is getting the aircraft fully functional and getting the performance parameters back up to what we achieved for FSX and earlier version of P3D.

Cheers

• Upvote 11

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

People are so impatient these days...instant gratification is a disease. I am looking forward to seeing the Majestic Q400 being compatible with P3Dv4 but I am willing to wait. Time is needed to switch our add-ons from 32 to 64 bit but some people just don't seem to understand this.

I have waited for some time for a certain other Bombardier to be released and it finally released and I can't even fly it....my install of the add-on crashes the sim. So I have NO problems waiting for a stable product. Developers take their time to release a solid product....people complain. Rush out the product so people can get their stuff...people complain when it doesn't work properly. Some folks aren't happy unless they are unhappy.

• Upvote 2

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

42 minutes ago, crosswind said:

Agreed, MJC will not give dates....never have and never will - until we are satisfied with the product.  That being said, this statement "People want their stuff" - Bear in mind that we have already given "People their stuff" - since the Q400 was originally developed for FSX, not P3D.

Not even my contention at all.  my statement was general.  Most of the posts at avsim (and other forums) are about stuff.  When does the stuff release?  Which is best? stuff A or stuff B?  "I bought some stuff and it doesn't work right, listen to me moan about it for a while".   "I feel the need to defend the stuff I just bought from the opinions of others".  and on and on.  Sometimes there is discussion about aviation, or technique, or system help (some of which is just the above conversations about hardware based stuff) but, truthfully a lot of talk about stuff predominates.

I have zero problems with this.

I have a great deal of understanding and empathy for developers, and I can't remember the last time I have ever actually authored a post where I have myself asked for updates on development.  There's no rational reason a developer would give an update unless either the product is already done, and they are just putting packaging/installers together,  or if they have slipped well beyond an estimate they had given in a moment of weakness before.  and even in both of these cases, they probably still shouldn't.

However, the Q400 is one of the products I am waiting patiently for, and if someone is brave enough to ask about it, I am going to drop by and check out the answers.  And so is everybody else.  Even the folks who chastise asking for dates know why they are here.  I expect Majestic to take their time and release a quality product,  that's their record.  And like most developers, if they feel understandably pressured and frustrated by constant clamoring for updates, surely they know that interest in their products is a good thing, and that the problems don't really start unless there is a day when nobody is asking at all.  when they roll these updates out, we'll just want the next thing. (and for the record, I'm mostly waiting for the Q300 :) )  

So the question is essentially "Q400 for v4, any news?"   That isn't the same question as "Why the heck haven't Majestic gotten off the couch and updated it yet?!!!!"  It's asking for news, nothing more (and the OP didn't elaborate or post again)  And, actually we have gotten some news, thanks to Crosswind, even though I seem to have annoyed him somehow.  I don't think asking questions hurts anyone, even if answers aren't really expected.  

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, crosswind said:

Do you know something that we are unaware of regarding the TRAINING Edition :cool: .  At the end of the day the TRAINING Edition is going to have to be compatible with Prepar3D v4, for which the TRAINING is just about complete.....it has been internally tested (for the most part) plus/minus some changes that may need to be made - and will then be pushed to the beta group when the v4 rewrite is complete.

Cheers

Well, I know that I'll be buying the training edition as soon as it is released for P3Dv4.  I love the Q400 and I'm just heartbroken that it doesn't work with v4  :mellow:

There is no other aircraft that I miss so badly in P3Dv4 as the Q400.  I would like to have FSLab's A320, but I don't miss it as much as the Q400.

• Upvote 1

@ShawnG,

I am in no way annoyed by your statement(s).....take a bit more than that to rattle my cage :).  I just wanted to make it clear for anyone reading the posts where MJC stands on the overall project.  The folks who get annoyed by developers not providing release dates, well, they are the least of our problems since they make up a small percentage of the user base who usually understand the time involved in getting an add-on ready.  Had it not been for the release of v4, the TRAINING Edition would have been released already.

Cheers

• Upvote 2

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

Not to mention it was Carnival in Antigua earlier in the week so Mr. Richardson may have put the project on hold for a bit of j'ouvert fun. :biggrin: 

• Upvote 1

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

1 hour ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

Not to mention it was Carnival in Antigua earlier in the week so Mr. Richardson may have put the project on hold for a bit of j'ouvert fun. :biggrin: 

I wish ....but I had to miss the 60th Carnival celebration this year.....but hopefully I shall be in full attendance next year......will be purchasing my tickets as soon as the dates are confirmed.

• Upvote 1

Banner_MJC8.png

Not sure where else to ask but how do you get an "invitation code" to join the majestic forums.  I was trying to check on the release of the v4 version in their forums and can't sign up without a code.

LouP

Check here for invitation

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thanks Jim,  I also got one in my email and all set now.  Fantastic update to the Q400 BTW.

LouP

Let's just keep one thread on this.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors