Sign in to follow this  
Guest av84fun

Attn: Mr. Steve Halpern (Flight 1) Re: refund policy

And thats why I never shy away from buying anything from F1. They are one of the best out there.

Eric 

Suppose I request a refund, how can Flight1 be sure if I remove the software of my harddrive, or don't have a backup of it ? Seems to me that somebody with evil intent can fiddle with the system...

>Suppose I request a refund, how can Flight1 be sure if I>remove the software of my harddrive, or don't have a backup of>it ? Seems to me that somebody with evil intent can fiddle>with the system...>>Sounds to me like they are willing to trust people in the interest of being good to their customers. I like that policy and I think the majority of people who make purchases from them are like me, in that they wouldn't do the right thing. You'll always have a few jerks, but deep down, I believe most people will do the right thing. I appreciate the attitude they take with their customers with regard to this and it makes me glad I'm already a customer of theirs. I certainly will buy from them again.KP

Guest moonkey

On their website for downloaded products it says that they only require you to confirm in an email that the purchase has been removed completely from your computer system.

Yes, it applies to all products. It doesn't necessarilly apply to products for which F1 supplies only the E-commerce wrapper but it does for products published by F1.Here's the official statement (Terms of Service page): http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=tos

Correct. In the unlikely case your key then turns up on a piracy website F1 will have your statement you destroyed it with which to hit you extra hard.Apart from that it's a matter of mutual trust.You trust F1 to indeed give you a refund and they trust you to keep your word and remove the product.Of course they also trust themselves enough that they feel that the number of people abusing the system will be minimal and the only refunds that are requested will be from truly disappointed users or users who cannot be helped in any other way (say because of severe hardware incompatibility problems that cannot be resolved in an economically viable way).

Guest Phoenix

Troy your facts are incorrect PSS does offer refunds and have issued a number over the years. We service each customer on a case by case basis and do not set a general policy.Robert KirklandPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

My experience with Flight1 is that they do like to place their trust in their customers, whether it be trusting the customer to delete all traces of the software in case of refund, or other situations.When I purchased Ultimate Traffic from them, my only choice was to snailmail my order. When I had heard nothing from them after what I thought was a reasonable timeframe for the order to get there, I emailed them asking about it. They said they had not received it yet at that time, but gave me my key in good faith that the order would indeed get there, which it some time later. For them to take my word for it that I had indeed put the order form in the mailbox shows that they do have a high level of trust in their customers, and trust equals respect. I certainly would buy from them again, and recently did... :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Is this statement based on your personal experience? I purchased the Navajo from FSD and for some reason couldn't get it to run on my rig at all. When notified of the fact, FSD graciously refunded the purchase price. All I had to do was run a little config utility they send me that verified that the aircraft had been removed from my system. So in my experience, FSD is quite good about refunds.

Guest Dianne_S

In all honesty, I've never requested a refund from a software vendor, but it really makes an impression on me when a company like Flight One has this much faith in their products, along with commitment to customer satisfaction. As you mention, so many other developers simply refuse such terms altogether. I personally would never request a refund except in the most extreme circumstances where I felt a product was truly defective and/or grossly misrepresented. It is like trying a fully-functioning demo, yes, but for me it really takes the risk away altogether in going through a decision-making process when I purchase a new title. Flight One sounds like a Blue Chip organization that I can trust, I like that a lot. :)

Guest Dianne_S

Very cool Jim :) You guys have won me over.

Bill Womack said: "Is this statement based on your personal experience?"Yes.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest MattNW

All I can do is give my opinion but so far Flight One has been top notch add on developer when it comes to the products I've purchased. So far I have the 421 Golden Eagle, 441 Conquest, Cessna 152, Piper Archer, ATR 72-500 and all three of the Islands of The West Indies sceneries. Their aircraft have fantastic flight dynamics and lots of great features (you just have to see the flushing toilet on the ATR :D). They also are configuable to work on as wide a variety of systems as possible. So far I haven't had a problem that couldn't be fixed fairly easily. No problems at all with the aircraft. They all worked right from the download without a hitch. IWI sceneries have had some small texture problems but patches are available for those. All in all I've had a very good experience with Flight One products but I do admire you for checking them out carefully before purchasing. There are a lot of great FS add on developers out there and a few dogs too. So far however Flight One has fit into the former category from my experience and they'll have one more sale as soon as they release their Bonanza A36.

Closed forums or not, issues with a program will come out. They cannot hid. Level D as well as every other program will have a bug or two, cannot be helped. They will be fixed as soon as possible. Level D and all other developers know that.JimCYWGLevel D 767 forever. Will a computer fit in my coffin?

Guest av84fun

I have nothing to do with FSD but IMHO they are one of the finest payware developers in the business from every point of view and there is NO WAY that they are going to rip anyone off.However, if some people, as was discussed on this forum today, buy software that is DISCLOSED not to run on their Win98/ME systems but buy anyway, they may or may not get a refund. Why should they refund when the "fault" with the product is not their own.It IS NOT without cost for developers to effect refunds. Why should it COST THEM money to do business with someone who hasn't bothered to read the published terms and conditions?I don't know the circumstances under which you were supposedly refused a refund by FSD and it is none of my business but I will continue to do business with them KNOWING FOR A FACT that if I have a PROPER justification for a refund, I will get one.Regards,Jim