Sign in to follow this  
Guest av84fun

Attn: Mr. Steve Halpern (Flight 1) Re: refund policy

Guest av84fun

Troy, your quote was from my post, Av84fun (Jim) not Uwe or whomever you attributed it to.<>First of all PAL, I don't think I am doing anyone a favor by buying anything and NOTHING in my post suggested that I do.NEXT, I do NOT clog support forums with RTFM or any other kind of questions and MAY have posted to product-specific support forums MAYBE 6 or 7 times IN MY LIFE. Not that that is any of YOUR bloody business.<>You need LOTS of help with your grammar as the above only barely resembles a sentence but the vendor in question is one of the few and the ONLY vendor that I have ever done business with that restricts support forum access to paying customers only.I merely offered my opinion, in a polite and reasoned way, as to why I don't agree with that policy. The expression of such opinions is, in fact, the very reason for the existence of forums such as this.Your bash at me was TOTALLY unwarranted.Regards,Jim

Guest av84fun

Mr. Rhoads, just for the avoidance of any possible doubt, while I don't particularly agree with your policy on restricting support forum access to paying customers, I completely acknowledge your right to set whatever policies you choose and certainly admire your 30 day refund policy.At the same time, I would note that most other reputable developers also provide refunds upon proper request whether they have a written policy to that effect or not...and that statement is correct in spite of Troy's entirely inaccuracte accusations to the contrary.Regards,Jim

Guest Agamemnon

Jim"At the same time, I would note that most other reputable developers also provide refunds upon proper request whether they have a written policy to that effect or not...and that statement is correct in spite of Troy's entirely inaccuracte accusations to the contrary."I have cited examples of a policy of no refunds but you have not.What I see is a wide sweeping statement with no specific examples.Troy

It's not about hiding the fact there are problems (at least with reputable companies) but about avoiding pirates from directly taking up time and resources from the development and customer support people.I've seen another game where the company took a hybrid path. Anyone can read the support forum but only registered customers can post and download stuff from the site.

"However, if some people, as was discussed on this forum today, buy software that is DISCLOSED not to run on their Win98/ME systems but buy anyway, they may or may not get a refund. Why should they refund when the "fault" with the product is not their own." Actually Jim, "not supported" is not the same "won't work" or "won't run". I think the buyers suggestion to tighten up the requirements statement a bit is a good one. And you need to lighted up a bit with the yelling...Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Dianne_S

Hi Steve,Regarding a post you made here on AVSIM earlier today (Tues March 1st) in reference to the new Level D 767, you mentioned the following: "And finally, we offer a full 30 day return policy on the product. OK, there is no demo version, but it is like having the FULL product as a demo in a way. So if you are borderline, and do not want it because you can't read the forum, then we hope this makes up for it a little. Regardless, we think the return policy is a good policy.Hope this clarifies things a little.SteveFlight One Software"Wow, this is really a wonderful policy and really underscores commitment to customer service. I wanted to clarify if this return policy affects all Flight One Software products or just the Level D 767? Also, is this a standard policy or a temporary one in-concidence with the release of a new title? I was not able to locate a refund policy statement on the Flight One website and I just wanted to clarify my understanding. I'm impressed to say the least, thank you.

>Suppose I request a refund, how can Flight1 be sure if I>remove the software of my harddrive, or don't have a backup of>it ? Seems to me that somebody with evil intent can fiddle>with the system...Which is precisely why most developers who WILL honor a refund request handle such on a case-by-case basis. Many times such requests are later withdrawn by the customer because their reason for dissatisfaction was addressed. However, most companies will not make public announcements of whatever their policies are for just that reason you mentioned..."If you leave your car keys in the ignition, don't be surprised to find your car has been stolen one morning..." :)As most online transactions are paid for by credit cards, the customer nearly always has recourse to requesting a charge back from their credit card company.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest av84fun

Fine but as others have pointed out, some of your examples are WRONG. I would rather be general and correct, than specific and WRONG.Jim